AES E-News: August 26 – 137th Convention, Election Results, Upcoming Conferences, Member Benefit, Job Board, July/August Journal
Table of Contents
- 137th Convention
- John Krivit is new President-Elect
- Upcoming Conferences
- New Member Benefit
- Job Board Update
- AES Journal July/August Issue Now Available
AES 137th Convention
Location: Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Dates: October 9–12, 2014
The AES returns to Los Angeles in October for the world's premiere audio gathering. The detailed calendar is now live, so you can begin to plan your convention. Advance registration is open until September 29. Exhibits-Plus badges are your free ticket to getting into the AES Exhibition, plus you can attend all Special Events, the Project Studio Expo, and the Live Sound Expo. All-Access badges are available to anyone looking to take their knowledge and professional career to the next level. AES will once again be the meeting place for the top names in audio engineering to deliver a diverse program of workshops, tutorials, papers and more on the latest developments in professional audio.
Book your hotel early for the convention! The deadline for advance hotel bookings is September 19.
Click here for more convention details: http://www.aes.org/events/137/
In the recently announced results of the AES Board election, John Krivit has been named President-Elect of the Society. Anthony Schultz and David Scheirman will be the new vice presidents of the Eastern and Western US regions respectively, Bill Foster has been re-elected for Northern Europe, and there will be three new governors. Our hearty congratulations to them all.
Click here for more information: http://www.aes.org/blog/2014/7/aes-2014-election-results
Helsinki, Finland, August 27–29, 2014
The 55th Conference is about to begin in Helsinki. It brings together researchers and practitioners in spatial audio from all over the world, to share the latest in research and developments.
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/conferences/55/
London, UK, February 11–13, 2015
The conference explores how games can get the most from their audio DSP, tools and workflow on console, PC and mobile platforms. As new applications arise in serious gaming and VR-based gaming, this conference explores the challenges and the solutions. You can find out more on the conference website.
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/conferences/56/
Hollywood, CA, USA, March 6–8, 2015
This first-ever Future of Audio Entertainment Technology Conference brings together the best in researchers, acousticians, and engineers to address the current and future audio needs of the cinema, television, and internet (online). The call for contributions is now open and full papers of 4–8 pages are requested by October 1. Proposals for workshops can be offered by emailing email@example.com.
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/conferences/57/
Don't forget that AES members now receive a 30% discount off any Focal Press title when purchased directly from Focal Press using the discount code AES30. You can browse all Focal Press titles here.
Click here for details of Focal Press books on audio engineering: http://www.focalpress.com/books/subjects/audio_SCAR7005/
The AES Job Board is where audio companies post their latest job openings. As an AES
member you receive notifications of the most recent postings here:
- Dean, Mike Curb Coll. Entertainment & Music Business - Nashville, TN, USA (2014-7-14)
- Audio Electronics Design Engineer - Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, UK (2014-7-14)
- Tenure-Track Faculty Position - Salem, MA, USA (2014-7-17)
- Program Manager - Agile Software Processes - Auburn Hills, MI, USA (2014-7-18)
- Audio Researcher - DSP Codec - Auburn Hills, MI, USA (2014-7-18)
- Audio Researcher - Active Noise Cancellation - Auburn Hills, MI, USA (2014-7-18)
- Sales Director, Western Region Embedded Audio - Palo Alto, CA, USA (2014-7-25)
- Sr Acoustic Engineer - Costa Mesa, CA, USA (2014-7-30)
- Sr. Software Engineer - Seoul, Korea (2014-7-30)
- Program Manager - Lifestyle Division - Northridge, CA, USA (2014-7-31)
- Customer Technical Manager - Farmington Hills, MI, USA (2014-8-4)
- Principal Engineer, MEMS Advanced Packaging - Northridge, CA, USA (2014-8-4)
- Principal Software Systems Architect - Northridge, CA, USA (2014-8-4)
- Principal Engineer -Acoustical Design Analyst - Northridge, CA, USA (2014-8-4)
- Software Developer - Voice Recognition - Farmington Hills, MI USA (2014-8-4)
- Senior Quality Engineer - Farmington Hills, MI USA (2014-8-4)
- Senior iOS Application Developer - Los Gatos, CA, USA (2014-8-4)
- Senior Director, Systems Architecture - Mobile - Calabasas, CA, USA (2014-8-4)
- Hardware Engineer - Boulder, CO, USA (2014-8-5)
- Software Engineer - Audio DSP - Farmington Hills, MI USA (2014-8-6)
- Staff Hardware Design Engineer - Costa Mesa, CA, USA (2014-8-6)
- Qualification Engineer Software (m/w) - Straubing, Regensburg area, Germany (2014-8-6)
- Principal Acoustic Systems Engineer, NVH - Novi, MI, USA (2014-8-6)
- Principal DSP Engineer - Novi, MI, USA (2014-8-6)
- Sr. Software Engineer - Novi, MI, USA (2014-8-6)
- Sales and Operations Associate- Inside Sales Western Region - Palo Alto, CA, USA (2014-8-13)
- Advanced ANC Algorithm Engineer (m/f) - Straubing, Bavaria, Germany (2014-8-18)
- QA Manager - San Francisco, CA, USA (2014-8-22)
- Director of Product Engineering - San Francisco, CA, USA (2014-8-22)
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/jobs/
This month's issue includes:
Click here for details: http://www.aes.org/journal/
Listen to the Journal Podcast: http://www.aes.org/podcasts/
Join the online discussion of Journal papers and articles!