- November 5, 2014
- October 2, 2014
AES Job Board
Harman International - Senior Quality Engineer
Posted On: 2014-8-4
Location: Farmington Hills, MI USA
Harman is now looking for a well seasoned Senior Quality Engineer who can support the full range of quality initiatives for the Embedded Audio Automotive and OEM customers in North America. This position will have the objective of achieving aggressive targets and executing on quality processes.
- Support Automotive and OEM Acoustics customers for Embedded audio North American customers
- Lead problem solving for various quality issues by working with China Operations team, Suppliers and close issues to customers satisfaction
- Lead AQP activities with customer and Harman manufacturing to PPAP parts by SOP.
- Support and maintain policies and practices related to manufacturing support of field failures at customer assembly plants and quality situations related to product application in vehicles.
- Travel to suppliers in China as required.
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures related to Manufacturing Quality Engineering, electronic & mechanical manufacturing, statistical process control (SPC), problem solving and automotive production part approval process (PPAP).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering disciplines, plus 5 years related experience in automotive, electronics or electromechanical manufacturing environment in lieu of Master’s degree.
- At least 5 years of previous experience in Quality or Manufacturing Engineering.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For a full job description and to apply, click on: http://jobs.harman.com/job/Farmington-Hills-Senior-Quality-Engineer-Job-MI-48331/77753800/
- HARMAN will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Please mention AES00670 when applying for this position.
About Harman International
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!