- November 5, 2014
- October 2, 2014
AES Job Board
DTS, Inc. - Senior Director, Systems Architecture - Mobile
Posted On: 2014-8-4
Location: Calabasas, CA, USA
DTS is looking for a Senior Director, Systems Architecture -Mobile to be based in our Calabasas, CA headquarters. This is a rare opportunity to join DTS in a role focused on driving the specification and deployment of our technologies into industry-leading consumer products in the mobile and connected device markets. You will be an integral member of a globally-deployed team of audio application and solutions engineers, working closely with key customers and strategic partners worldwide.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• We will rely on you to ensure all internal and external stakeholders are aligned during the audio systems planning and design process, including DTS-internal R&D and Product Engineering, as well as, audio experts representing IC solution providers, OEMs, and application developers.
• You will support pre-sales customer engagement with detailed technical presentations to the customer while providing rigorous technical qualification of new business opportunities. You will become a key voice of the customer, providing concise and complete requirements capture as input to larger technology planning and prioritization processes, thus ensuring our products are relevant with respect to near-to-mid-term customer and market needs.
• You will be an effective day-to-day liaison between the DTS Technology Organization and other DTS corporate business functions, such as Program Management and Business Line Management.
Required Education and Experience
• Demonstrated success in leading audio or multimedia systems architecture from latter stages of algorithm development through their implementation on consumer products.
• Depth of knowledge of multimedia frameworks on mobile device platforms, such as iOS and Android. In depth understanding of audio solutions deployed on other network-connected devices, such as Set-top Boxes, IP-based Digital Media Players, Smart TV’s, etc., is a plus.
• M.Eng., MSc degree or above in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline is required along with 10 years of experience in product engineering, applications engineering, and/or related area is a requirement of the role.
• Demonstrated capability in developing applications on various industry-standard platforms (e.g., on SOCs, DSPs) along with and related development tools.
Other Skills & Abilities
• Must have experience working with an multi-national employer and/or international customers
• Persuasive verbal and writing skills with a good command of English
• Must be willing to work in teams both as an effective leader or key player
• Highly developed skills in organization, process development and technical project management
• Genuine interest and passion for audio technology and an aptitude to develop in-depth knowledge of DTS products
Please apply http://www.dts.com/careers
Please mention AES00672 when applying for this position.
About DTS, Inc.
5220 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: +1 818 436 1000
Fax: +1 818 436 1999
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a premier audio solutions provider for high-definition entertainment experiences—anytime, anywhere, on any device. DTS' audio solutions enable delivery and playback of clear, compelling high-definition audio which is incorporated by hundreds of licensee customers around the world, into an array of consumer electronic devices. From a renowned legacy as a pioneer in high definition multi-channel audio, DTS became a mandatory audio format in the Blu-ray Disc standard and is now increasingly deployed in enabling digital delivery of compelling movies, music, games and other forms of digital entertainment to a growing array of network-connected consumer devices. DTS technology is in car audio systems, digital media players, DVD players, game consoles, home theaters, PCs, set-top boxes, smart phones, surround music content and every device capable of playing Blu-ray discs. Founded in 1993, DTS' corporate headquarters are located in Calabasas, California with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Los Gatos and Santa Ana, California, Washington, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.