- October 2, 2014
- August 26, 2014
AES Job Board
Harman International - Software Engineer - Audio DSP
Posted On: 2014-8-6
Location: Farmington Hills, MI, USA
A software engineer in this position will focus their time developing and testing software. As a Software Engineer you will be expected to work as part of a team developing and debugging features in the domain. Self-guided work is expected, and guidance from more senior team members will help expand your capabilities. The person most successful in this position will have a strong understanding of audio I/O for embedded devices, some knowledge of DSP for audio, and a good understanding of automotive infotainment devices.
• Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs.
• Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
• Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
• Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
• Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
• Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate resolution.
• Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
• Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
• Manages large projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
• Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
• Bachelors Degree
• 1-3 years of embedded software development or testing.
• 1+ years of C, C++, Java, or other structured language.
• Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• RTOS experience for development on Infotainment, Audio or Multimedia products.
• Experience with Audio DSP development on embedded systems.
• Understanding of State Machine diagrams and UML diagrams.
• Vehicle networking experience including CAN, LIN, MOST, etc.
• Working knowledge of IIC, RS232, SPI or other serial interfaces.
• Working knowledge of QNX or Embedded Linux.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
• Capable project management and time management skills.
• Willingness to travel 10% of the time
• Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills, MI
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Contact Debbie Noetzel at Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly to the Harman Talent Center through the following link:
Please mention AES00674 when applying for this position.
About Harman International
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!