- August 26, 2014
- July 2, 2014
AES Job Board
Harman International - Principal Acoustic Systems Engineer, NVH
Posted On: 2014-8-6
Location: Novi, MI, USA
Responsible for the continuous improvement and application of a range of Active Vehicle Noise Control systems including Engine Order Cancellation, Road Noise Control and Electronic Sound Synthesis. Will need to organize and execute vehicle tuning/testing, analyze data appropriately, and apply results towards the design of high performance audio systems utilizing advanced DSP, Acoustics, and Psychoacoustics engineering.
• Lead noise management systems development on multiple projects within local and global development teams.
• Analyze and investigate new noise management related technologies and best practices.
• Be the lead interface with OEM NVH teams to design, develop and continuously improve noise management systems and technologies
• Develop and document noise management systems tools, processes and best practices.
• Be the key contributor to development of HALOsonic technology and product roadmaps
• Perform both on bench and in-vehicle sofware and hardware testing and validation of development designs.
• Use, maintain, and improve upon best practices and design standards.
• Manage the U.S.-based HALOsonic team, schedule team’s workload, establish and improve processes, provide training, ensure on-time, on-quality and on-cost delivery of pre-development and production projects.
• 5+ years of experience in acoustics and/or Powertrain NVH
• Specific experience in NVH design, Acoustic Noise Cancellation, digital signal processing, acoustical engineering and/or psycho-acoustics.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Knowledge of Matlab, C, C++, algorithm development, and programming
• Highly skilled in ArtemiS or LMS NVH devleopment tools.
• Willingness to travel up to 15-20% of the time
• Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills, MI
• Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
• Willingness for overtime and weekend work, as needed
Please apply with resume to Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention AES00677 when applying for this position.
About Harman International
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!