- October 2, 2014
- August 26, 2014
AES Job Board
Harman International - Principal DSP Engineer
Posted On: 2014-8-6
Location: Novi, MI, USA
• Develop and integrate audio DSP algorithms for the automotive, consumer and mobile environment.
• Program various floating point and fixed point DSP architectures.
• Port and optimize DSP algorithms to various DSP’s.
• Co-develop and/or work within complex, multi-thread, multi-processor architectures and audio frameworks to integrate DSP algorithms and control structures
• Investigate new DSP audio related technologies and best practices.
• Create novel software solutions to issues in audio & acoustic systems.
• Create IP for systems, components and technologies for use within the automotive, consumer and mobile environment.
• Analyze existing external and internal object-oriented, embedded software to add features, make modifications, and/or port to different platforms.
• Monitor and evaluate new software technologies suitable for applications in embedded systems.
• Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software designs. Identify product requirements or performance issues.
• Work with software team leaders to negotiate resolution of issues.
• Establish and coordinate activities with third party developers and contractors.
• Communicate with peers inside the HARMAN group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
• Oversee and coordinate software development activities with software team leaders.
• Participate in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program life cycles.
• Manage small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
• Working knowledge of C/C++, Java
• Working knowledge of iOS and Android architectures
• Working knowledge of software development tools (IDE’s, emulators, EVM’s, etc)
• Working knowledge of embedded operating systems (schedulers, memory management, driver models, RTOS concepts, etc.)
• 5+ years of experience in the audio and/or DSP related field.
• Specific experience in digital signal processing, fixed point and floating point DSP programming, audio engineering, acoustical engineering, psycho-acoustics, and/or recording arts.
• BS in Engineering (Master’s preferred).
• Passion for audio and music.
• Experience with public speaking and presentations
• Working knowledge of filtering, speech processing, noise control and telecommunications algorithms.
• Working knowledge of personal computing and mobile device platforms.
• Working knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink
• Working knowledge of QNX or Embedded Linux.
• Working knowledge of digital communication protocols: I2C, I2S, SPI, UART, USB, BT
• Working knowledge of automotive networks: CAN, LIN, Ethernet, TCP/IP, MOST
• Working knowledge of audio and acoustic systems operations.
• Experience developing and debugging Java software applications (JDK, Eclipse)
• Microsoft Visual Studio development experience (or equivalent).
• Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
• Willingness to travel at least 20% of the time
• Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills, MI
• Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
Please apply with resume to Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention AES00678 when applying for this position.
About Harman International
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!