- October 2, 2014
- August 26, 2014
AES Job Board
Harman International - Software Developer - Voice Recognition
Posted On: 2014-8-4
Location: Farmington Hills, MI USA
1. Work with local voice recognition team in analyzing requirements, designing and maintaining speech recognition/ generation systems for infotainment projects with on-time and high quality deliverables to multiple customers.
2. Work with global software development teams to develop new features, debug issues and write test cases for unit testing.
3. Work with VR/TTS engine suppliers in analyzing requirements and developing interfaces to other modules.
4. Lead and/or participate in meetings between Harman, VR/TTS engine suppliers, and Harman’s customers for design reviews and to track project status.
5. Evaluate new software releases from VR/TTS engine suppliers to insure it meets the acceptance criteria.
6. Keep abreast of new technologies and methods for the purpose of recommending changes that will benefit current and future customer programs.
7. Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
• BS (EE/CS/CE) is required.
• Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded environment.
• Proven project experience as a technical lead
• Experience with CAN, AVCLAN, MOST and other vehicle Networks
• 4+ years of C/C++ programming experience.
• Working knowledge of QNX, Linux, or Android.
• Previous experience with VR/TTS engine implementations.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Willingness to travel less than 20% of the time.
• Willingness to work in an office in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
• Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test.
Please contact Debbie Noetzel at Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly through the Harman Talent Center
Please mention AES00669 when applying for this position.
About Harman International
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!