In This Section
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
Development of Radio News
Development of Radio NewsLowell Thomas - Sept. 29, 1930
Press-radio war - April 1933
Schechter at NBC; Klauber, White at CBS
1934 Communications Act - "public interest"
FDR's New Deal - a "national public forum"
Senator Burton Wheeler cut off in East
Earl Browder dropped in New England
Hawariate relayed but Aloisi refused by BBC
Edward VIII's abdication Dec. 1936
Murrow organizes CBS European bureau
Shirer, LaSuer, Collingwood, Smith, Sevareid
Murrow critical of BBC Nov. 1937:
- "radio has enormous power but it has no character, no conscience of its own."
Sept. 12-30 - Munich - Kaltenborn in Studio 9
1939 - The World Today at 6:45 p.m. every day
1943 - On Oct. 12, NBC Blue became the American Broadcasting Company (ABC)
History of Radio | History of Television
- 1999 by Steven E. Schoenherr. All rights reserved.
Return to Recording Technology History Notes | this page revised Dec. 10, 1999