In This Section
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
Development of Radio News
Development of Radio NewsLowell Thomas - Sept. 29, 1930
Press-radio war - April 1933
Schechter at NBC; Klauber, White at CBS
1934 Communications Act - "public interest"
FDR's New Deal - a "national public forum"
Senator Burton Wheeler cut off in East
Earl Browder dropped in New England
Hawariate relayed but Aloisi refused by BBC
Edward VIII's abdication Dec. 1936
Murrow organizes CBS European bureau
Shirer, LaSuer, Collingwood, Smith, Sevareid
Murrow critical of BBC Nov. 1937:
- "radio has enormous power but it has no character, no conscience of its own."
Sept. 12-30 - Munich - Kaltenborn in Studio 9
1939 - The World Today at 6:45 p.m. every day
1943 - On Oct. 12, NBC Blue became the American Broadcasting Company (ABC)
History of Radio | History of Television
- 1999 by Steven E. Schoenherr. All rights reserved.
Return to Recording Technology History Notes | this page revised Dec. 10, 1999