In This Section
- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
Volunteer to Work on a Historical Project
Volunteer for an AES Historical Committee ProjectWe welcome volunteers to work on projects for the AES Historical Committee. We use the internet for our communication, so you will need to have an email address with which we can communicate.
Our projects are driven by the volunteers' own personal interests in the history of audio engineering. Several active projects are listed on our Home Page, and you should contact the Project Leaders if you want to help them with those projects.
The ideas suggested so far for historical projects are listed in our Guidelines , in Section 2, "Purposes". We hope that one of those topics interests you, but we are also open to suggestions for other historical projects -- email your ideas to the Historical Committee Chair (see eddress here).
Many historical projects result in a "Report" which we will post on the HC website -- there are some seven "Reports" now on our web page.
We have also organized historical exhibits at recent conventions -- "When Vinyl Ruled" at the 109th Convention in LA; "Old Chaps Cafe" (see the convertion report)at the 110th Convention in Amsterdam, for instance. See the Active Projects list to volunteer for a current project.
We hope that this gives you some idea of ways you could contribute to
the AES Historical Committee.