In This Section
- New "AES Portal" in Process of Being Rolled Out
- Take a moment to create your new Login today!
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
Books and Video Tapes/DVDs
"Magnetic Recording: The Ups and Downs of a Pioneer" The memoirs of Semi Joseph Begun (available now from the AESHC Store)
"Magnetic Recording, The First 100 Years" by Daniel, Mee, and Clark, IEEE Press (1999), ISBN 0-7803-4709-9
"Paul Wilbur Klipsch the Life...the Legend", by Maureen Barrett and Michael Klementovich (2002)
"Sound Recording: Life Story of a Technology", by David L Morton Jr., The Johns Hopkins University Press (2004) ISBN 0-8018-8398-9
"“3M – Magnetic Media Maker, a history of the first four decades (1944...1985)”, by Charles L Alden, available for 20 $ per copy, directly from the publisher, Karen Eilers, firstname.lastname@example.org .
VHS and DVD
*Please check back later -- a DVD release being prepared.
"An Afternoon with Jack Mullin" (VHS tape is out of print*)
"A Chronology of American Tape Recording" (VHS tape is out of print*)
Rev: 2007-07-10 Daniel et al, URL updated;
Updated 2012-12-21, 2015-04-21 jm
Back to the main page