In This Section
- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
Historical Interviews, Talks, and Articles
One of the charges of the AESHC is to "record oral histories (sound only, sound with video, and/or sound with still photographs) of important figures in the history of audio engineering." We encourage all of our members to record oral histories, and submit them (or transcripts of them) to the Chair of the AESHC for consideration for inclusion on this website. Currently, only a few are available, and these are the following papers and talk transcripts:
- Ray Dolby's personal tour of the audio industry and how it changed from analog to digital, a transcript of his 1992 Heyser lecture
- Cyril Francis, Recording Engineer (Acoustic and Electrical Recordings) with Parlophone in England, 1926 to 1936, notes transcribed from a talk given 1996 Oct 23.
- "The Education and Tribulations of a Precursory Disk Recording Engineer" by Robert J Callen -- Audio engineering in 1925...1928, AES Preprint 794 from the year 1971
- An Afternoon With John K Hilliard, the edited transcript (from J AES V37 N07, p 597+) of an interview 1981 Oct 18 by Robert Rypinski, .
- An Afternoon With Bill Putnam, the edited transcript (from J AES V37 N09, p 723+) of an interview 1980 Dec 21 by Peter Sutheim, .
- An Afternoon With John G Frayne, the edited transcript (from J AES V38 N07, p 597+) of an interview 1980 Mar 09 by Peter Sutheim, .
- An Afternoon With Harry L Bryant, the edited transcript (from J AES V38 N10, p 773+) of an interview 1982 Nov 21 by Richard Heyser, .
- An Afternoon With Paul Klipsch, the edited
transcript (from J AES V40 N06, p 540+) of an interview 1980 May 04 by Peter Sutheim, .
- An Afternoon With Carson Taylor, the edited transcript (from J AES V40 N 10, p 842+) of an interview 1980 Jun 22 by Dick Rosmini, .
- An Afternoon With Wally Heider, an interview with Peter Sutheim.
- An Afternoon With Jack Mullin, an
interview with Peter Sutheim.
Rev 2007-03-07, --14, 2010-06-08, 2013-08-26 jm
Back to the main page