In This Section
- New "AES Portal" in Process of Being Rolled Out
- Take a moment to create your new Login today!
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
Links and Museum Coordination
Links to Other Historical Sites
We have annotated the links to other historical sites, and organized them as follows:
If you are looking for a particular subject, we suggest that you use our search system.
Museum Coordination Project
The AES Historical Committee is seeking additions to its list of audio recording history resources. These would include public and private "bricks and mortar" museums and collections -- of either equipment or documents -- as well as web sites and any published resources.
The focus of our effort is to pull together the many available (but often hard-to-find) resources on the history of audio recording, with several goals:
1. To improve our ability to provide information about collections and other resources;
2. To cooperate with and coordinate among the various collections, libraries, museums and organizations concerned with the history of audio recording;
3. To encourage and assist research into the history of audio recording; and
4. To facilitate the preservation of significant examples of audio recording technology.
Our particular focus at this time is on preservation of examples of technology that might otherwise be lost. To that end, we would be interested in hearing from organizations, institutions or individuals able to accept equipment and documents for preservation, with a preference for those willing to make these publicly available on at least a limited basis.
Please forward all suggestions, additions and comments to Myles Cochran Davis.