In This Section
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
- AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
- Successful Technical Program and Exhibition draw high attendance and positive response from attendees and exhibitors alike
Links and Museum Coordination
Links to Other Historical Sites
We have annotated the links to other historical sites, and organized them as follows:
If you are looking for a particular subject, we suggest that you use our search system.
Museum Coordination Project
The AES Historical Committee is seeking additions to its list of audio recording history resources. These would include public and private "bricks and mortar" museums and collections -- of either equipment or documents -- as well as web sites and any published resources.
The focus of our effort is to pull together the many available (but often hard-to-find) resources on the history of audio recording, with several goals:
1. To improve our ability to provide information about collections and other resources;
2. To cooperate with and coordinate among the various collections, libraries, museums and organizations concerned with the history of audio recording;
3. To encourage and assist research into the history of audio recording; and
4. To facilitate the preservation of significant examples of audio recording technology.
Our particular focus at this time is on preservation of examples of technology that might otherwise be lost. To that end, we would be interested in hearing from organizations, institutions or individuals able to accept equipment and documents for preservation, with a preference for those willing to make these publicly available on at least a limited basis.
Please forward all suggestions, additions and comments to Myles Cochran Davis.