In This Section
- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
AESHC Oral History Project Home Page
Irv Joel, long-standing project leader has decided to step down after conducting many fascinating interviews internationally. We are grateful for his tremendous contribution over the years. Many of the interviews he conducted are now available for sale at the Historical Committee Web Store, with more being added regularly. East Coast project volunteers Harry Hirsch, John Chester, and Paul Gallo are conducting interviews periodically, and we would like to find interested people for conducting West Coast and European interviews. Please contact Bill Wray and Gene Radzik if you are interested in carrying on this important work.
Through the dedicated video editing work of volunteer Harry Hirsch, oral history interviews are now available at the Historical Committee Web Store.
The Guidelines of the AES Historical Committee include:
2.13 Record oral histories (sound only, sound with video, and/or sound with still photographs) of important figures in the history of audio engineering.
The Project is responsible for coordinating and recording interviews which will preserve a first hand recording and/or text transcription of the recollections of persons involved with important audio engineering inventions and/or events, for future generations.
Here is the List of Completed Interviews .
2001-02-16 IJ, jm 2001-04-25 jm, 2003-03-03 jm, 2003-03-04 jm, 2004-10-12 jkc ,2008-06-12 jm, 2011-10-17 jm; 2012-10-23, 2013-08-09 wfw/jm