In This Section
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
- Binaural Listening Trends Tracked at 140th International Audio Engineering Society Convention
- An ever-expanding aspect of present-day audio
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
AESHC Oral History Project Home Page
Irv Joel, long-standing project leader has decided to step down after conducting many fascinating interviews internationally. We are grateful for his tremendous contribution over the years. Many of the interviews he conducted are now available for sale at the Historical Committee Web Store, with more being added regularly. East Coast project volunteers Harry Hirsch, John Chester, and Paul Gallo are conducting interviews periodically, and we would like to find interested people for conducting West Coast and European interviews. Please contact Bill Wray and Gene Radzik if you are interested in carrying on this important work.
Through the dedicated video editing work of volunteer Harry Hirsch, oral history interviews are now available at the Historical Committee Web Store.
The Guidelines of the AES Historical Committee include:
2.13 Record oral histories (sound only, sound with video, and/or sound with still photographs) of important figures in the history of audio engineering.
The Project is responsible for coordinating and recording interviews which will preserve a first hand recording and/or text transcription of the recollections of persons involved with important audio engineering inventions and/or events, for future generations.
Here is the List of Completed Interviews .
2001-02-16 IJ, jm 2001-04-25 jm, 2003-03-03 jm, 2003-03-04 jm, 2004-10-12 jkc ,2008-06-12 jm, 2011-10-17 jm; 2012-10-23, 2013-08-09 wfw/jm