In This Section
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
AESHC Operating Structure
AES Historical Committee
Operating StructureAES Committees operate under a structure given in the Society's "Manual of Duties of Officers and Standanding Committees" (informally called The Blue Book).
The AESHC operating structure -- a greatly shortened version of the
"Guidelines" that the AESHC officers had approved previously -- was
approved by the AES Board of Governors on 2000-02-23, at their Paris Meeting,
and is given below.
4.5.1 Historical Committee
184.108.40.206.1 Unite persons interested in the history of audio engineering
and its allied fields.
220.127.116.11.2 Collect, write, publish, and otherwise disseminate accurate historical information about the field of audio engineering.
18.104.22.168.1 The chair of the Historical Committee shall be appointed
by the incoming President of the Society with the approval of the Board
of Governors in accordance with the requirements of the AES Bylaws.
22.214.171.124.2 The chair of the Historical Committee shall appoint the officers of the committee.
126.96.36.199.3 Membership in the AESHC is open to any person interested in the history of audio engineering and its allied arts.
188.8.131.52.1 Record oral histories of important figures in the history
of audio engineering.
184.108.40.206.2 Serve as a link between persons and organizations who wish to discard old equipment and/or documents relating to the history of audio engineering; and persons and organizations who wish to preserve it.
220.127.116.11.3 Organize and maintain an archive relating to the history of the Audio Engineering Society itself.
18.104.22.168.1 The AESHC shall meet at least once annually, normally in conjunction
with an AES convention. The meeting shall be open to the public.
22.214.171.124.2 The AESHC will operate one or more AESHC email reflectors for discussions of historical matters.
126.96.36.199.3 The AESHC will operate an AESHC web site and an FTP site on which to publish the information compiled by the Committee.
188.8.131.52.4 The AESHC, under the direction of its Chair, shall formulate, approve, and follow more detailed guidelines, under this Operating Structure, detailing the projects and officers of this committee.
Back to the main page