In This Section
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
Picture and Sound Sources
ATT - AT&T Archives, 5 Reinman Road, P.O. Box 4904, Warren NJ 07059-4904. tel. 908-226-2386. fax 908-756-2105. Sheldon Hochheiser, Archivist.
Picture and Sound Sources
FDRL - The Franklin D. Roosevelt Library is a member of the U.S. government Presidential Library system, and many of the images are in the public domain.
ILN - The Illustrated London News was a newspaper published in London from 1842 to the present. The Illustrated London News Picture Library owns the copyright to these images.
LC - Library of Congress includes the American Memory collections. Some of these items may be copyrighted, but most are from collections in the public domain. The Library of Congress Recorded Sound Reference Center includes Preservation guidelines and bibliography.
Life - Life magazine was published in the U.S. 1936-1997, and the copyright to images from this magazine is owned by AOL Time-Warner in New York.
NA - U.S. government photos found in the collections of the National Archives are in the public domain. The ARC search page provides access to on-line digital images originally catalogued in the NAIL index.
Newsweek - Newsweek magazine has been published in the U.S. since 1933 and the copyright to images from this magazine is owned by The Washington Post. The address is 251 West 57th Street, New York, N.Y. 10019, and telephone is 800-631-1040.
NMAH - The Smithsonian National Museum of American History is located at 14th & Constitution Avenue, Washington, D.C. 20560-0601 and telephone (202)357-3270.
SDCM - San Diego Computer Museum of America is located at 640 C Street, San Diego CA, telephone (619) 235-8222.
Time - Time magazine has been published in the U.S. since 1923, and the copyright to images from this magazine, and the March of Time newsreels, is owned by AOL Time-Warner in New York.
References:Historical Picture Collections available on the Internet.
Museums and Archives and Organizations with sound recording collections are listed in Internet Resources and Links section of Recording Technology History.
Novotny, Ann. ed. Picture Sources: Collections of Prints and Photographs in the U.S. and Canada, 3rd ed. New York : Special Libraries Association, 1975.
A Note on Use: The images on the USD History Department server are available for students and faculty to use in the classroom and for educational projects. Those images not on electronic reserve may be downloaded for the personal use of interested individuals, but they may not be distributed or sold or reproduced, nor are they available for any commercial use. Many of these images are copyrighted and their use is subject to the U.S. Copyright Law and the limitations of Fair Use. These images are not cataloged nor are they available as a stock photo library.
- 1999-2003 by Steven E. Schoenherr. All rights reserved.