In This Section
- Recordings from AES Rome Jazz Concert Now Available
- Listen to the Greg Burk Jazz Trio in ImmersAV
- Mobile App for AES Rome 2013 Now Available
- Download for iPhone/iPad Today!
- Al Schmitt & Friends: AES Roundtable of Award-Winning Engineers
- Video of Sennheiser Event Now Available to AES Members
- Multi-Platinum Engineer Young Guru Profiled In AES Convention Doc
- Watch a Short Highlights Video Online
Microphone History Sources
- Bert van Oortmarssen collection of European microphones and Non-European microphones.
- "Dawn of Sound" exhibit by AT&T at San Jose Tech Museum July 7, 1997.
- Erik's Classic Microphones includes History of the Microphone
- Fagen, M.D., ed. A History of Engineering and Science in the Bell System: The Early Years (1875-1925). New York: Bell Telephone Laboratories, 1975.
- Olson, Harry F. "A History of High-Quality Studio Microphones," Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, Dec. 1976, pp. 798-807.
- Olson, Harry F. "Microphones for Recording," Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, Oct./Nov. 1977, pp. 676-683.
- Paquette, Bob. "Mikes of the Pre-War Era," Audio, Dec. 1974, pp. 22-24.
- Telegraph, Radio & Scientific Instruments Museum from Tom Perera includes Microphone History
- Vintage Broadcast Microphones from James U. Steele.
- Webb, Jim. Twelve Microphones That Changed History. 2002.
- 1999-2003 by Steven E. Schoenherr. All rights reserved.
Return to Recording Technology History Notes | this page revised 12/13/03