In This Section
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
- AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
- Successful Technical Program and Exhibition draw high attendance and positive response from attendees and exhibitors alike
- Graham Blyth Celebrates 20 years of Organ Concerts at AES 135
- Audio and Video Downloads Now Available
Microphone History Sources
- Bert van Oortmarssen collection of European microphones and Non-European microphones.
- "Dawn of Sound" exhibit by AT&T at San Jose Tech Museum July 7, 1997.
- Erik's Classic Microphones includes History of the Microphone
- Fagen, M.D., ed. A History of Engineering and Science in the Bell System: The Early Years (1875-1925). New York: Bell Telephone Laboratories, 1975.
- Olson, Harry F. "A History of High-Quality Studio Microphones," Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, Dec. 1976, pp. 798-807.
- Olson, Harry F. "Microphones for Recording," Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, Oct./Nov. 1977, pp. 676-683.
- Paquette, Bob. "Mikes of the Pre-War Era," Audio, Dec. 1974, pp. 22-24.
- Telegraph, Radio & Scientific Instruments Museum from Tom Perera includes Microphone History
- Vintage Broadcast Microphones from James U. Steele.
- Webb, Jim. Twelve Microphones That Changed History. 2002.
- 1999-2003 by Steven E. Schoenherr. All rights reserved.
Return to Recording Technology History Notes | this page revised 12/13/03