In This Section
- Acoustics and Sound Reinforcement
- Archiving Restoration and Digital Libraries
- Audio for Games
- Audio for Telecommunications
- Audio Forensics
- Automotive Audio
- Coding of Audio Signals
- Electro Magnetic Compatibility
- Fiber Optics for Audio
- Hearing and Hearing Loss Prevention
- High Resolution Audio
- Human Factors in Audio Systems
- Loudspeakers and Headphones
- Microphones and Applications
- Network Audio Systems
- Perception and Subjective Evaluation of Audio Signals
- Recording Technology and Practices
- Semantic Audio Analysis
- Signal Processing
- Sound for Digital Cinema and Television
- Spatial Audio
- Transmission and Broadcasting
AES Technical Committee
Loudspeakers and Headphones
Chair: Alan Trevena (Send Email) Vice Chair: Juha Backman (Send Email)
The committee works to ensure that the AES membership has the opportunity to learn of relevent new transducer technology as it develops, with an emphasis on sound field generation from loudspeakers and headphones.
Resources & Events
The TC on Loudspeakers and Headphones helps to maintain a Topic Website on Loudspeakers and Headphones.
Areas of Concentration
- Transducer Design
- Electronic Processing Techniques
- Distortion Analysis
- Evaluation and Measurement Techniques
- Digital speakers
- AES 51st Conference on Loudspeakers and Headphones, Helsinki, Finland.
- Motor Topology Workshop or Tutorial (Neo / Ferrite / Alnico) suggested at AES 134th Convention.
These documents do not necessarily express the official position of the AES on the issues discussed at these meetings, and only represent the views of committee members participating in the discussion. Any unauthorized use of these publications is prohibited. Authorization must be obtained from the Executive Director of the AES: Email, Tel: +1 212 661 8528, Address: 551 Fifth Ave., Suite 1225, New York, New York 10176, USA.
2013-5-7 AES 133 TCLH San Francisco minutes
Description: Meeting minutes from the Technical Committee meeting on Loudspeakers and Headphones, Held in San Francisco on October 28, 2012.
2013-5-13 AES Tutorial Diagnostics on irregular loudspeaker defects
Description: AES Tutorial Diagnostics on irregular loudspeaker defects, WOLFGANG KLIPPEL, Rome 2013
Allan Phillips Bob Zurek David Clark David Dage Don Keele Doug Button Earl Geddes Giles Davis Jason Linse Jim Stratman John Busenitz John Stewart John Vanderkooy Juha Backman Mark Ziemba Marshall Buck Peter Mapp Richard S Stroud Richard Small Robert Franks Ryan Mihelich Scott Orth Simone Koo Stanley Lipshitz Steve Hutt Tom Nousaine Michael Howes Kenneth Deetz Alan Trevena Timo Esser Wolfgang Klippel Erling Sandermann Olsen Alex Voishvillo Neil Harris Edgar Kirk Gottfried Schmid Mark Dodd Francesco Tordini Roberto Magalotti Tim Mellow Brian Sterling Aldoshima Irino David Carlstrom Laurie Fincham Paul Barton Peter Brown Florian Konig David Prince Karl Kerstein Roger Schwenke Paul Apollonio Michael Santucci Brian Fligor Rachel Cruz Ken Kantor Michael Turner Philippe Herzog J M Woodgate Sean O'Brien Christopher Struck Mattia Cobianchi Robert Klacza Charles Hughes II Pat Dennis Ronald Sauro Jesse Lippert Wendy Mittelstadt Geoff Hill Hans van Maanen Richard Little Robert Baum Colin Bigland CheahHeng Tan
To request membership in this Technical Committee please email the Chair by using the link above.