In This Section
Reflecting on Reflections - June 2014
Quiet Thoughts on a Deafening Problem - May 2014
Perceptual Effects of Dynamic Range Compression in Popular Music Recordings - January 2014
AES Member Profile
Marshall Buck, Ph.D.
- Acoustics, Psychoacoustics, Hearing - Measurement and Instrumentation
- Consumer - Home
- Consumer - Car
- Consumer - Portable
- Product Design & Manufacturing - Hardware
- Product Design & Manufacturing - Transducers
- Product Design & Manufacturing - Research & Development
- Other: Voice coil temperature measurement instrumentation
- Acoustic Consultant
- Systems Designer
- Other: Expert witness in active noise control, headphones, aviation headsets
Expert audio engineering, specializing in loudspeakers and system design.
Known for state of the art DSP loudspeaker designs which approach perfection.
As VP of Engineering at Harman International, I directed a 12 member team which developed innovative PC audio including the iMac speakers also now heard in the top of the line Toshiba Satellite gamer laptop.
Recent work in virtual infinite line sources for ultra high end home theater systems.
In 1989, Marshall Buck was presented with the AES Board of Governors Award.
In 1994, Marshall Buck was presented with the AES Fellowship Award in recognition of significant contributions to loudspeaker development, psychoacoustics, and for his many years of continuing service to the Society.
In 2006, Marshall Buck was presented with the AES Distinguished Service Medal Award in recognition of his dedication and service as an officer of the Society for more than twenty-five years.
AES Member Profiles
If you are an AES member and would like to create your own AES member profile like this one then click here.