1. Raising AES member awareness of the normal and abnormal functions of the hearing process.
2. Raising AES member awareness of the risk and consequences of hearing loss resulting from excessive sound exposure.
3. Coordinating and providing technical guidance for the AES supported hearing testing and consultation programs at US and European Conventions.
4. Facilitating the maintenance and refinement of a database of audiometric test results and exposure information on AES members.
5. Forging a cooperative union between AES members, audio equipment manufacturers and the hearing the hearing conservation communities for purposes of developing strategies, technologies, and tools to reduce and prevent hearing loss.
If you are interested in participating in the committee's work please send an e-mail to the chair Robert Schulein. Please indicate in your e-mail that you are interested in the AESTC-HHLP. We welcome those interested in joining the committee to attend a future committee meeting. AES and non AES members are always welcome. Please Note: You do not have to be an AES member to join this committee, however you must be an AES member to serve as Chair or Vice-Chair of the committee. The committee communicates by means of an e-mail reflector site. This committee meets approximately evety 6 months at alternate European and US conventions.
2015-4-16 Hearing loops - the preferred assistive listening technology
Description: Journal article from April 2015 on the benefits of hearing loops
|J M Woodgate
|J. Keith McElveen
|Gonzalo J. Rodriguez
To request membership in this Technical Committee please email the Chair by using the link above.