In This Section
- Acoustics and Sound Reinforcement
- Archiving Restoration and Digital Libraries
- Audio for Games
- Audio for Telecommunications
- Audio Forensics
- Automotive Audio
- Broadcast and Online Delivery
- Coding of Audio Signals
- Fiber Optics for Audio
- Hearing and Hearing Loss Prevention
- High Resolution Audio
- Human Factors in Audio Systems
- Loudspeakers and Headphones
- Microphones and Applications
- Network Audio Systems
- Perception and Subjective Evaluation of Audio Signals
- Recording Technology and Practices
- Semantic Audio Analysis
- Signal Processing
- Sound for Digital Cinema and Television
- Spatial Audio
AES Technical Committee
Chair: Sascha Spors (Send Email) Chair: Nils Peters (Send Email) Forum: Committee Discussion Forum
This committee addresses fundamental production and reproduction issues of multichannel audio systems employing loudspeakers, as well as binaural techniques for creating multidirectional illusions through headphones and loudspeakers.
Areas of Concentration
- Loudspeaker Production / Reproduction Issues
- Headphone Production / Reproduction Issues
- Loudspeaker / Headphone Reproduction Conversion Issues
- Head Related Transfer Functions
- Headphone Externalization Techniques
- Tutorial 'Parametric Spatial Audio Processing: An Overview and Recent Advances,' held at the 139th AES Convention in New York 2015 by Emanuël Habets and Oliver Thiergart. Click here to download slides.
- Workshop 'ISO/MPEG-H Audio—The New Standard for Universal Spatial / 3D Audio Coding,' held at the 138th AES Convention in Warsaw 2015 and co-organized with the TC for Coding of Audio Signals. Chair: Juergen Herre, Panelists: Jan Plogsties, Alexander Krueger, Nils Peters, Uli Scuda. Click here to download slides.
- Tutorial 'Foundations and Practical Aspects of Sound Field Synthesis,' held at the 138th AES Convention in Warsaw 2015 by Sascha Spors and Franz Zotter. Click here to download slides.
- AES 55th International Conference on Spatial Audio. Helsinki, Finland. August 27-29, 2014. Click here to order proceedings.
- Workshop 'Panning for Multichannel Loudspeaker Systems' held at the 131th AES Convention in New York 2011. Chair: Ville Pulkki, Panelists: Jan-Mark Batke, Craig Jin, Sascha Spors. Click here to download slides.
- AES 40th International Conference on Spatial Audio. Tokyo, Japan. October 8-10, 2010. Click here to order proceedings.
- AES 28th International Conference on 'Future of Audio Technology - Surround and beyond'. Pitea, Sweden. June 30- July 2, 2006. Conference web site. Click here to download report.
- AES 24th International Conference on 'Multichannel Audio - The New Reality'. Banff, Canada. June 26-28, 2003. Click here to order proceedings. Click here to download report.
- AES 19th International Conference on 'Surround Sound: Techniques, Technology and Perception', June 21-24, 2001, Germany. Click here to order proceedings.
- Information document on multichannel surround sound systems and operations
These documents do not necessarily express the official position of the AES on the issues discussed at these meetings, and only represent the views of committee members participating in the discussion. Any unauthorized use of these publications is prohibited. Authorization must be obtained from the Executive Director of the AES: Email, Tel: +1 212 661 8528, Address: 551 Fifth Ave., Suite 1225, New York, New York 10176, USA.
2016-1-3 TC-SA at 139th Convention
Description: Meeting minutes of the TC-SA at the 139th Convention in New York
2015-10-28 TC-SA at 138th Convention
Description: Meeting minutes of the TC-SA at the 138th Convention in Warsaw
2015-1-2 TC-SA at 137th Convention
Description: Meeting minutes of the TC-SA at the 137th Convention in Los Angeles
2014-7-16 TC-SA at 136th Convention
Description: Meeting minutes of the TC-SA at the 136th Convention in Berlin
2013-11-19 TC-SA at 135th Convention
Description: Meeting minutes of the TC-SA at the 135th Convention in New York
2013-11-19 TC-SA at 134th Convention
Description: Meeting minutes of the TC-SA at the 134th Convention in Rome
2012-5-31 TC-SA at 132nd Convention
Description: Meeting minutes of the TC-SA at the 132nd Convention in Budapest
2011-11-7 TC-SA at 131th Convention
Description: Meeting minutes of the TC-SA at the 131th Convention in New York
2011-6-1 TC-SA at 130th Convention
Description: Meeting minutes of TC-SA in AES130
2010-11-10 TC-SA at 129th Convention
Description: Minutes from meeting
2010-6-18 TC-SA at 128th Convention
Description: Minutes of the meeting
2009-5-25 TC-SA at 126th Convention
Description: Meeting notes from TC Spatial Audio meeting held in Munich AES126th Convention.
2009-1-27 TC-SA 124 Convention Minutes
Description: Minutes of reorganization meeting at AES 124th convention, and renaming.
2006-5-23 TC-MBAT meeting at 120th Convention
Description: Notes from the TC-MBAT meeting in Paris, 120th Convention
2005-5-31 TC-MBAT meeting at 118th Convention
Description: Report of the meeting held at the 118th convention in Barcelona, 29th May 2005
2004-11-8 TC-MBAT meeting at 117th Convention
Description: Report of TC-MBAT meeting at 117th Convention, San Francisco, 28-31 Oct 2004
2004-5-21 TC-MBAT meeting at 116th convention
Description: Report of TC-MBAT meeting at AES 116th convention, Berlin, 8-11 May
2003-4-1 TC-MBAT meeting at 114th convention
Description: Notes from the TC-MBAT meeting at the 114th Convention
1999-3-24 San Francisco, Sept '98
Description: Meeting Notes for the Technical Committee on Multichannel and Binaural Audio Technologies
Akira Fukada Chris Gaunt Christof Faller David Griesinger Douglas McKinnie Durand Begault Eric Benjamin Floyd Toole Francis Rumsey Gerald Schuller Gunther Theile James Johnston Jan Berg Joel A Lewitz Jyri Huopaniemi Karlheinz Brandenburg Kimio Hamasaki Marina Bosi Mark Ziemba Marshall Buck Mendel Kleiner Mick Sawaguchi Nick Zacharov Peter Schreiner III Renato Pellegrini Robert Ellis-Geiger Robert Schulein Sean Olive Soren Bech Thomas Sporer Tom Holman Wieslaw Woszczyk Michael Kelly Theresa Leonard Geoff Martin Russell Mason Samir Gupta Scott Burgess Nuno Fonseca Rafael Kassier Juergen Peissig Andrew Carballeira Steve Martz Todd Welti Tom Blank Klaus Hartung Ashish Aggarwal Purva Gujar Christian Hugonnet Ingyu Chun Sunmin Kim Regis Rossi Alves Faria Ville Pulkki Judith Liebetrau Dr. Jean-Marc Jot Franz Zotter Frank Melchior Enda Bates Damian Murphy Francois Becker Daniel Weiss Gavin Kearney Emanuel Habets Sascha Spors David Weinberg Linda Gedemer Florian Voelk Brian Katz Craig Tsung-Wei Jin Ralph Kessler Nils Peters Janina Fels Kazuho Ono Frederick W. Umminger Alexander Lindau, Dr. James Barbour Matthieu Parmentier Alex Kosiorek Piotr Majdak
To request membership in this Technical Committee please email the Chair by using the link above.