Job Title: Senior Lecturer (i.e. Associate Professor)
Company: University of Huddersfield
Member since: 2000
Technical Committees: High Resolution Audio, Perception and Subjective Evaluation of Audio Signals, Spatial Audio
Primary Section: U.K.
Company Website: http://www.hud.ac.uk/ourstaff/profile/index.php?staffuid=senghl
Personal Website: http://www.hyunkooklee.com
Contact: Hyunkook Lee
Facebook Address: https://www.facebook.com/applied.psychoacoustics.lab/
Twitter Name: @hklworld
Dr Hyunkook Lee is Senior Lecturer (i.e. Associate Professor) in music technology and the leader of the Applied Psychoacoustics Lab (APL) at the University of Huddersfield, UK. From 2006 to 2010, Dr. Lee was Senior Research Engineer in audio R&D at LG Electronics, South Korea. He received a B.Mus. degree in music and sound recording (Tonmeister) from the University of Surrey, Guildford, UK, in 2002, and his Ph.D. degree in audio engineering and psychoacoustics from the Institute of Sound Recording (IoSR) at the same University in 2006. His current research includes spatial audio perception, sound capturing and rendering techniques for 3D and VR audio, and interactive virtual acoustics. Hyunkook is an active member of the Audio Engineering Society since 2001 and a fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK.
- PhD in Sound Recording and Psychoacoustics, University of Surrey, UK
- BMus in Sound Recording (Tonmeister), University of Surrey, UK
- Edgar Stanton Audio Recording Institute, Aspen Music Festival, USA
- University of Huddersfield, UK, 2010-present
- LG Electronics, South Korea, 2006-2010
- Metropolis Studios, UK, 2000-2001
- Freelance sound engineering, 2002-present
University of Huddersfield
If you are an AES member and would like to create your own AES member profile like this one then click here.