In This Section
- Acoustics and Sound Reinforcement
- Archiving Restoration and Digital Libraries
- Audio for Games
- Audio for Telecommunications
- Audio Forensics
- Automotive Audio
- Broadcast and Online Delivery
- Coding of Audio Signals
- Fiber Optics for Audio
- Hearing and Hearing Loss Prevention
- High Resolution Audio
- Loudspeakers and Headphones
- Microphones and Applications
- Network Audio Systems
- Perception and Subjective Evaluation of Audio Signals
- Recording Technology and Practices
- Semantic Audio Analysis
- Signal Processing
- Sound for Digital Cinema and Television
- Spatial Audio
AES Technical Committee
Fiber Optics for Audio
|Chair:||Ronald Ajemian||Send Email|
|Chair:||Werner Bachmann||Send Email|
|Forum:||Committee Discussion Forum|
The committee addresses a variety of fiber optic technologies including recording, broadcast, test equipment, cables, connectors, and broadband telecom links of audio systems worldwide. The objectives will be to better understand fiber optic based technologies to allow the user or designer an easier transition for integration with existing electrical based audio systems. The committee will provide updated fiber optic advancements through this process and will disseminate this information.
Areas of Concentration
- Fiber Optic Cables usage and types (glass or plastic)
- Wavelength, Distance, singlemode versus multimode representation.
- Fiber Optic Connector usage and types
- Fiber Optic tools
- Fiber Optic system design and performance.
- Analogue and digital systems and circuitry.
- Fiber Network delivery of high-resolution audio.
- New fiber optic technologies
- Fiber Optic Microphones
- Fiber Optic link design
- Transceivers (SFP,etc.)
- Objective evaluation and subjective performance of fiber optic links
- Objective measurement techniques and resolution issues.
- Hybrid Fiber and Copper based systems
- Education and networking
- To inform and educate the membership about the important facts of fiber optics in audio technology and applications.
- To network with other Technical Committees in order to involve them in the study of fiber optics for audio.
AES 140th Convention, June 4-7, 2016 - AES (Paris, France)
AES TC-FOA Committee Meeting
Please let the Chair know if you have any interest in Fiber Optics for Audio. We welcome your input and also join us on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Audio-Engineering-Society-Technical-Committee-on-Fiber-Optics-for-Audio-1614880515414608/
We look forward for more Asian/European, etc. participation.
Previous Workshop: Fiber Optic Connector Choices for Audio, Saturday, October 31, 2015. 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM Room1A06
This AES workshop is designed to educate the user, engineer, technician and student on the most popular Fiber Optic Connector types that are currently available in the audio/video market place. A brief review will be presented about these connectors. The panel will then discuss user preferences for various audio/video applications. A demo will also be shown on how to terminate (put together) a typical LC fiber optic connector to a glass optical fiber.
These documents do not necessarily express the official position of the AES on the issues discussed at these meetings, and only represent the views of committee members participating in the discussion. Any unauthorized use of these publications is prohibited. Authorization must be obtained from the Executive Director of the AES: Email, Tel: +1 212 661 8528, Address: 551 Fifth Ave., Suite 1225, New York, New York 10176, USA.
2013-10-21 2013-10-19 TC-FOA Meeting Minutes
Description: Minutes from TC-FOA on Saturday, October 19th, 2013 at the AES 135th Convention Javits Center, New York, NY USA
2012-10-29 2012-10-28 TC-FOA Meeting Minutes
Description: Minutes from TC-FOA on Sunday, October 28, 2012 at the AES 133rd Convention Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA USA
2011-10-23 2011-10-22 TC-FOA Meeting Minutes
Description: Minutes from TC-FOA on Saturday, October 22, 2011 at the AES 131st Convention Javits Center, New York, NY USA
2011-2-5 2009-10-09 TC-FOA Formative Meeting Minutes
Description: Minutes from TC on Friday, October 9, 2009 at the AES 127th Convention Javitz Center, New York, NY USA
|C. Robin Caine||Chris Gaunt||Ronald Ajemian|
|Norbert Nachbauer||Rick Chinn||Jim Kaiser|
|Umberto Zanghieri||Werner Bachmann||Vene Garcia|
|Thomas Myers||Brian O'Gallagher||Christian Ganahl|
|Paul Polishuk||Kenneth R Fause||Michael Poimboeuf|
|Bill McQuaide||Wil Oxford||Warren Osse|
|Robert Economaki||Ittai Lavi||Marc Brunke|
|Aditi Shirish||Sam Skaf||Thomas M. Chudyk|
|Fred Morgenstern||Marco Piromalli||Joshua Yoon|
|Jamie M. Silva||Stephen Lampen||Frank Cunningham|
|Harry Oliver||Larry Bryan||Daniel Fonseca|
To request membership in this Technical Committee please email the Chair by using the link above.