In This Section
- Acoustics and Sound Reinforcement
- Advisory Group on Regulations
- Archiving Restoration and Digital Libraries
- Audio for Games
- Audio for Telecommunications
- Audio Forensics
- Audio Recording and Mastering Systems
- Automotive Audio
- Coding of Audio Signals
- Electro Magnetic Compatibility
- Fiber Optics for Audio
- Hearing and Hearing Loss Prevention
- High Resolution Audio
- Human Factors in Audio Systems
- Loudspeakers and Headphones
- Microphones and Applications
- Network Audio Systems
- Perception and Subjective Evaluation of Audio Signals
- Semantic Audio Analysis
- Signal Processing
- Sound for Digital Cinema and Television
- Spatial Audio
- Studio Practices and Production
- Transmission and Broadcasting
AES Technical Committee
Fiber Optics for Audio
Chair: Ronald Ajemian (Send E-mail) Chair: Werner Bachmann (Send E-mail)
The committee addresses a variety of fiber optic technologies including recording, broadcast, test equipment, cables, connectors, and broadband telecom links of audio systems worldwide. The objectives will be to better understand fiber optic based technologies to allow the user or designer an easier transition for integration with existing electrical based audio systems. The committee will provide updated fiber optic advancements through this process and will disseminate this information.
Areas of Concentration
- Fiber Optic Cables usage and types (glass or plastic)
- Wavelength, Distance, singlemode versus multimode representation.
- Fiber Optic Connector usage and types
- Fiber Optic tools
- Fiber Optic system design and performance.
- Analogue and digital systems and circuitry.
- Fiber Network delivery of high-resolution audio.
- New fiber optic technologies
- Fiber Optic link design
- Transceivers (SFP,etc.)
- Objective evaluation and subjective performance of fiber optic links
- Objective measurement techniques and resolution issues.
- Hybrid Fiber and Copper based systems
- Education and networking
- To inform and educate the membership about the important facts of fiber optics in audio technology and applications.
- To network with other Technical Committees in order to involve them in the study of fiber optics for audio.
AES 134th Convention, Rome, Italy
Technical Committee - Fiber Optics for Audio
The AES TC-FOA cordially invites the European audio community to share their ideas about
how they or their companies are deploying Fiber Optics in Audio. You don’t have to be an AES
member to join our TC-FOA. Since we are now in Rome, Italy at the AES 134th Convention,
there is no better time to join this group. Please send an email to either of the Chairs with
your name, affiliation/company and expertise in using Fiber Optics for Audio to join.
These documents do not necessarily express the official position of the AES on the issues discussed at these meetings, and only represent the views of committee members participating in the discussion. Any unauthorized use of these publications is prohibited. Authorization must be obtained from the Executive Director of the AES: E-mail, Tel: +1 212 661 8528, Address: 60 East 42nd Street, Room 2520, New York, New York 10165-2520, USA.
2012-10-29 2012-10-28 TC-FOA Meeting Minutes
Description: Minutes from TC-FOA on Sunday, October 28, 2012 at the AES 133rd Convention Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA USA
2011-10-23 2011-10-22 TC-FOA Meeting Minutes
Description: Minutes from TC-FOA on Saturday, October 22, 2011 at the AES 131st Convention Javits Center, New York, NY USA
2011-2-5 2009-10-09 TC-FOA Formative Meeting Minutes
Description: Minutes from TC on Friday, October 9, 2009 at the AES 127th Convention Javitz Center, New York, NY USA
C. Robin Caine Chris Gaunt Ronald Ajemian Jim Kaiser Umberto Zanghieri Rick Chinn Vene Garcia Werner Bachmann Fred Besnoff Norbert Nachbauer Marc Brunke Kenneth R Fause John Cunningham Robert Economaki Michael Poimboeuf Bill McQuaide Thomas Myers Brian O'Gallagher Christian Ganahl B. Morgan Martin Paul Polishuk Ittai Lavi Wil Oxford Warren Osse Frank Cunningham Larry Bryan Aditi Shirish Sam Skaf Thomas M. Chudyk Daniel Fonseca Fred Morgenstern Pancho Espinoza Marco Piromalli Eddie Ajamian
To request membership in this Technical Committee please e-mail the Chair by using the link above.