In This Section
- Education Home
- Students Blog
- Student Delegate Assembly
- Student Competition
- Education Directory
- FAQ (Common Questions)
- Educators Forum
- AES Educational Foundation
- Student Community & Forum
On the Student pages you will find information collected and provided by student members of the AES who have been elected officers of the Student Delegate Assembly (SDA). Find out more about us here.
If you are an AES student member, this is the place where you can get informed about student related topics. Also, every student is invited to help keeping these pages a vivid and up to date resource by sending us interesting news and reports from your AES Student Section.
Join the AES Student community today!
Audiofile Engineering gave a generous bundle of their apps to each winner of the Student Recording and Student Design Competition. We're very grateful for their support, which helped us make our Student Competitions at the 138th AES Convention possible.
"Hello, we are Audiofile. We build apps for musicians and engineers, because that’s who we are: musicians and engineers. Founded in 2004, we are among the most experienced audio software developers for OS X and iOS with a long history of industry-firsts to our name. We strive to create beautiful and powerful apps that everyone can afford.
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2015
AES138 in Warsaw has been a highly successful one for the Student Delegate Assembly.We had an incredible attandance of motivated students who made the days we spent in Warsaw truly special. It was a pleasure putting on events for such a keen crowd, and it's time to thank a few people who helped us make an integral part of any AES Convention's student programme possible: The judges of our Student Recording and Student Design Competitions.
These top-tier professionals invested lots of time and energy and devoted their abilities to our cause of educating the next generation of engineers and designers.
We want to thank them for their great efforts of judging the ~60 submissions and providing valuable feedback to all of them.
Many thanks to:
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015
See who received our prestigious awards at the 137th AES Convention in Los Angeles.
Student Recording Competition
Category 1 - Traditional Acoustic Recording
- William Dahl & Synne Stenersen - Westerdals Oslo School of Arts - Silver
- Julien Podolak - Conservatoire de Paris - Bronze
- Pawel Leskiewicz - McGill University, Montréal - Honorable Mention
Category 2 - Traditional Studio Recording
- Sondre Forselv - Westerdals Oslo School of Arts - Gold
- Johannes von Barsewisch - Institut für Musik und Medien, Düsseldorf - Silver
- Tristan Kühn & Andreas Lammel - Universität der Künste Berlin - Bronze
Category 3 - Modern Studio Recording & Electronic Music
- Fei Yu - McGill University, Montréal - Gold
- Dimitri Soudoplatoff - Conservatoire de Paris - Silver
- Carl Riehm & Lisa Harnest - Universität der Künste Berlin - Bronze
- William Shaw - The University of York, UK - Bronze
Category 4 - Sound for Visual Media
- Anna Przegendza - The Fryderyk Chopin University of Music, Warsaw - Gold
- Mikhail Bogach - Savannah College of Art and Design - Silver
- Nikola Nikita Jeremic - Advanced School of Electrical Engineering, Belgrade - Bronze
Student Design Competition
- Tomasz Nowak - Wroclaw University of Technology - Gold
- Hidetaka Imamura - Rochester Institute of Technology, New York - Silver
- Mateusz Widomski - AGH University of Science and Technology, Kraków - Silver
- Piotr Hoffmann - Gdansk University of Technology - Honorable Mention
The Student Delegate Assembly congratulates the winners and thanks all students who have taken part.
Whether you made it to the finals or not, you can truly be proud of yourselves for making it this far in an international competition. All of you are the future of audio and we hope to hear from you, and see you at future conventions and other events.
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015