AES New York 2019
Student / Career Event SC04
Wednesday, October 16, 3:00 pm — 4:00 pm
SC04 - Mix It! Improving Your Mixes and Your Mixing WorkflowChair:
Ian Corbett, Kansas City Kansas Community College - Kansas City, KS, USA; off-beat-open-hats recording & sound reinforcement
Cosette Collier, Middle Tennessee State Univ. - Murfreesboro, TN, USA
Yuri Lysolvanov, Flashpoint Chicago, a campus of Columbia College Hollywood - Chicago, IL, USA
This workshop, ideal for students, new engineers, and more experienced engineers looking to speed up their workflow and productivity in studio mixing, live sound and event production, will discuss topics including:
• Starting a mix, and the key elements of a mix.
• Identifying problems or challenges, and deciding on the best solutions to potential issues.
• Best practice workflows or procedures that can be followed in order to make the process of mixing an easier, faster, and more predictable experience.
• Common mistakes to avoid.
• Getting the job done and finishing the mix.
For further information on these events please check the AES Students website.
If you'd like your school or company to participate in the Education & Career Fair, fill out this form.