In This Section
- Early Registration Pricing for AES Paris Convention Extended to May 26 — Expanded Exhibits Hall and Tech Program Offerings for Free and Premium Badges
- Early Registration Pricing for AES Paris Convention Extended to May 26
- AES to Hold First International Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality – Paper Proposal Deadline Extended to May 23rd
- Conference to focus on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
Links to General Resources & Unofficial Web Pages About Particular Manufacturers
Ampex Mailing List Invaluable resource bringing together users and designers of Ampex tape machines
Audio Annals Commercially-sponsored -portal for the history of Audio Technology-. Extensive information, including patents and very extensive group of biographies. Worthwhile.
Audiotools Site devoted to audio in general, with pages devoted to various parts of the recording and playback chain. Consumer-oriented, but with good history of reel-to-reel recorders, including Soundmirror.
Begun's "Magnetic Recording" (excerpts) Web versions of chapters 1 and 6 from comprehensive 1949 history by Semi Begun, founder of Brush Development Corporation (manufacturers of the Brush Soundmirror). Excellent period illustrations, well presented.
Electrocompaniet (Otala amplifier) history Resource created by former designer for Electrocompaniet covering Norwegian Otala ampliers
Heathkit Museum--audio products Exhaustive range of information on Heathkit products
Heathkit page by Bill Wilkinson Another extensive resource on Heathkit
H.H. Scott Hi-Fi Stereo Archive Site devoted to H.H. Scott tube products. Schematics and marketing materials, mail-list.
James B. Lansing Heritage and Legacy Superlative resource on Lansing and the products of his various companies.
Presto History Excellent ongoing project to document history of Presto, U.S. manufacturer of recorders and amplifiers from the 1930s through the 1960s.
Quadruplex Park Museum of Broadcast Technology Private -museum- devoted to video broadcast technology
Roger Russell's McIntosh History Page Comprehensive McIntosh resource
San Francisco Bay area broadcasting history Excellent resource, with particularly good archival photo section.
Scully Recorder group's web page Low-volume Yahoo group focused on Scully Professional Tape Recorders.
Sony APR group's web page Low-volume Yahoo group focused on Sony APR series recorders.
Studer Recorder group's web page The STUDER group is for professional audio personnel that have bought, use, repair or are associated with the products of Studer Professional Audio AG of Regensdorf, Switzerland.
Studio 3 History Site devoted to the career and studio of David Sarser, violinist, Ampex rep, engineer and electronics designer.Compiled by Myles Cochran Davis, 2004-05-29; Updated 2009-08-21, 2013-07-24 jm