In This Section
- Graham Blyth Celebrates 20 years of Organ Concerts at AES 135
- Audio and Video Downloads Now Available
- Berlin Convention Registration Now Open!
- Mobile App is Also Ready to Download
- Call for Nominations Deadline Approaching
- Deadline is February 17th
- 135th AES Convention Hits A Five-Year High
- Convention takes a bite out of the Big Apple and reminds the industry that “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES”
Links to The Cylinder and 78 rpm Period
100 Edison Recordings for Listening Real Audio format (streaming) copies of Edison recordings.
Edison Cylinder Reproducers Descriptions and photographs of all Edison reproducers manufactured from 1890’s through 1929.
Nimbus Ambisonic Transfer Process Description of Nimbus methodology for transferring 78 rpm discs to modern formats.
Nimbus Ambisonic Microphone Setup Photo of Nimbus microphone arrangement.
North American Phonograph Company Upstate New York studio recording acoustically direct to wax cylinders.
Downloadable program for PCs to generate strobe discs Used for speed calibration of nominally 78 rpm records.
78 rpm Record Home Page Comprehensive resource for history, technology, and collecting 78’s. Extensive links section.
Reproduction of 78 rpm Records Technical notes on proper techniques.
Tim Gracyk's home page Home page of author of articles and books on early recorded music in America and its technology. Many articles and links.
Wolverine Antique Music Society Thorough 78 rpm site.
www.tinfoil.com Site focused on cylinder recordings.