In This Section
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
AES Historical Committee Report 2003-10-08
AES Historical Committee Report
for the Board of Governors Meeting at the
115th Convention, New York, 2003-10-14
The presently active AES Historical Committee projects [as
in our Guidelines]
are as follows:
and maintain an archive relating to the history of the Audio
- The Japan
Section submitted a History of the Japan Section, in Japanese,
in 2000, with a request to have it translated. We have found volunteers
(Jim Anderson and Kazunori Sugiyama) who have translated about 25 % of
the document, and will be completing it soon. We will put PDF versions
of both the Japanese- and English-language histories on the HC website.
- We need
a volunteer in the New York City area to help project-leader
Roger Furness with organizing and cataloging the history of the AES
8 [Encourage each Local Section and each Convention Committee to organize an appropriate session on the history of audio engineering, or a display on an appropriate historical subject. When requested, provide information to help them to do so.]
- AESHC members under the leadership of Alex Balster organized and presented a very successful historical exhibit for the 114th Convention in Amsterdam. Our website has the schedule and the report of the activities, and minutes from the committee meeting.
- The Historical Committee is presenting a Historical Exhibit at this (New York) Convention, organized by David Baker. Plan here and program here.
- There will be an open meeting of the Historical Committee on Saturday, Oct 11, from 10:00 to 12:00, in a room to be announced. You are all invited to attend the exhibits and the meeting.
- The email reflector continues on the "recordist.com" server, with thanks to David Josephson.
- We continue to upgrade and add to our website . We have added many new links. For the new things, see "What's New on this Website" .
- In 2003, Executive Director Roger Furness invited us to put the
Historical Committee's website onto the AES server. Our thanks to the
HC Webmaster Howard Sanner, AES Webmaster Steve Johnson, and John K
Chester for doing the move.
- We now have a project leader for this project -- Myles Cochran Davis -- and he will be telling the HC meeting about his plans.
- We are sad to report the death of Prof. Manfred Krause, who was the project leader for the HK Thiele Archive.
- The project continues with more new interviews.
- We continue to solicit your suggestions both for interviewers and for further interviewees, especially for countries outside of the US.
AES Historical Committee
Report written on 2003-10-08