In This Section
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
Historical Exhibit Plan, 114th, 2003-03
Historical Exhibit Plan for the 114th AES Convention,
The historical committee has prepared an exhibit for the 114 th AES convention in Amsterdam from March 22 -25.
For the first time we will be presenting our exhibit in a booth on the exhibition floor, in order to be more visible to visitors. (It seems that we missed a lot of interested visitors to the separate room in previous years, despite the posted signs.)
Several interesting presentations will be given, such as:
RECORD CUTTING HISTORY AND DEMOS
by Tim de Wolf
OLD TIME MEASURING EQUIPMENT
by Wim van Barneveld
CLASSICAL PRODUCERS VIEW ON VINTAGE AUDIO RECORDING
by Willem Hellweg
ANCIENT ELECTRONIC MUSIC
by Kees Tazelaar.
HISTORY OF MECHANICAL MUSIC
by Kees Nijssen
HISTORICAL OVERVIEW ON STEREOPHONY
by Hans Lauterslager
We will be demonstrating a collection of old time recording equipment, from mechanical music instruments and microphones to cassette recorders.
Several old audio fellows will be present to answer your questions.
A historical committee meeting will be held on Monday, 2003 March24,
from 10:00 to 12:00.
An agenda will be posted on this website, and available at the booth, well before the meeting
During the convention Irv Joel will be recording oral histories.
Alex Balster, Project Leader for the Historical Exhibit at the 114th AES Convention
edit & html, J McKnight, 2003-03-10