Join us for these special events during the 47th Conference of the AES.
Wednesday, June 20th Event • 7:00pm – 10:00pm:
Open house and tour of the labs and studios
of the Department of Audio Arts & Acoustics
Columbia College Chicago.
The department is known for offering the most diverse curriculum in audio and sound of any institution in the nation. Areas of study include:
• Live and recorded sound design, engineering, and production
• Environmental and architectural acoustics
• Vibration/noise measurement and control
• Hearing physiology and sound perception
• Design and management of audio installations
Students will be on hand to talk about and demonstrate systems used in classes, labs and research:
• Our music recording studios, with both digital and analog recording platforms
• The live sound reinforcement lab where students experiment with system arrays ranging from stereo to 7.2.
Students will be demonstrating the system, playing film clips that feature award-winning sound tracks.
• The acoustics lab, featuring a shaker table, anechoic chamber, reverb chamber, sound transmission coefficient
chamber, and record cutting lathe.
Friday, June 22nd Event • 4:10pm – 8:00pm:
Pritzker Pavilion Technical Tour
and Grant Park Symphony Concert
Following the technical Presentations on Friday June 22, 20112 there will be a technical tour of the famous Jay Pritzker out door Pavilion's at Chicago’s Millennium Park.
The pavilion features a LARES sound system, which "generates the reflected and reverberant energy that surrounds and envelops the listener in an indoor performance venue." This will be followed by a concert featuring the Grant Park Symphony Orchestra. The concert includes performances of: Strauss: Don Juan, Britten: Piano Concerto featuring pianist Steven Osborne and Mozart: Symphony No. 41, Jupiter.
If you are planning to stay in Chicago for the weekend and
would like to discover more to do, visit: www.ChooseChicago.com