In This Section
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
AES Historical Committee Report 2005-09-29
for the Board of Governors Meeting at the
119th Convention, New York, 2005-10-11
The Historical Committee will hold an open meeting during
this Convention, on Sunday, Oct 9, at 10...12, in Javits Center, Room 2
D02. It will
be chaired by HC Chair Jay McKnight, who will attend the Governors'
meeting to answer any questions you may have about the HC activities.
You are all welcome to attend the Historical Committee meeting. We
activities reported below.
The presently active AES Historical Committee projects
in our Guidelines]
are as follows:
and maintain an archive relating to the history of the Audio
Roger Furness had said that he would be able to devote time to organizing
and cataloging the history of the AES
itself. It has not happened yet.
8 [Encourage each Local Section and each Convention Committee to organize an appropriate session on the history of audio engineering, or a display on an appropriate historical subject. When requested, provide information to help them to do so.]
- There will be seven Historical Events at this 119th Convention; times and titles are given at http://www.aes.org/events/119/historical/ .
- Planning for Historical Events at future
Conventions has not yet begun.
- Join our reflector. The email reflector continues on the "recordist.com" server, with thanks to David Josephson.
- We continue to upgrade and add to our
. The obituary
index is now beginning to link directly to the obituaries in the
- The project
Cochran Davis, continues to review and annotate the links on our
which may be seen
here. He will be contacting the
museums in order to establish better coordination with the AES HC.
- We have prepared a "sampler" interview DVD at Marshall Buck's request, which we will distribute to BoG members and AES officers at this convention.
- Irv Joel plans to record more interviews during this Convention. We continue to solicit your suggestions both for interviewers and for further interviewees, especially for countries outside of the US.
- The project continues with Irv Joel
having recorded several more new
interviews in Barcelona. A complete
list of interviews completed, and their dates, and interviews
proposed, is now available.
We have now begun editing some of the interviews into a form that we
can make available. We are also transcribing a few of the
interviews. But our emphasis is still on recording new interviews.
- The several projects described in the previous report are
Jay McKnight, Chair
AES Historical Committee
Draft report written on 2005-09-29, --29 15,