In This Section
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
- AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
- Successful Technical Program and Exhibition draw high attendance and positive response from attendees and exhibitors alike
AES Nominations Committee
The Nominations committee recommends who should be included on the official ballots in AES Elections.
Call for Nominations for Officers of the Board of Governors
The Nominations Committee is at this time soliciting the names of members to be considered for possible inclusion in the 2015 ballot for election of officers to the Board of Governors. To aid us in this task, please let us know if there is someone you would like us to consider for this election.
The Board of Governors is the governing body of the Society. Its voting members are elected by AES members by mail or online ballot. The Nominations Committee is the standing committee of the AES, which each year is charged with presenting a slate of candidates for election to the various positions on the Board of Governors.
To be eligible for nomination, a candidate must be a voting member of the Society and belong to one of the following membership categories: honorary member, fellow, or member, and must be willing and able to attend the meeting of the Board of Governors each year in North America.
If you are a voting member of the Society and wish to alert the Nominations Committee to a qualified member as a potential candidate for any of the elective offices listed below, you must supply the committee with ALL of the following information:
1) The name, email address, mailing address, membership number, telephone number, and fax number of the candidate whom you wish to propose.
2) Your name, email address, mailing address, membership number, telephone number, and fax number.
3) The elective office for which you wish to propose the individual as a candidate. It is essential that your candidate be qualified for the particular office and that you state your reasons for believing this to be the case.
Likewise, the candidate must supply ALL of the following information:
1) A biography indicating the candidate’s relevant experience and contributions to audio in general and to the Audio Engineering Society, in particular.
2) A signed statement by the candidate indicating a willingness to serve the Society and attend meetings as required by our bylaws, if elected.
3) A declaration of the candidate’s affiliation with any organization that might represent a potential conflict with the aims and objectives of the Society as a not-for-profit professional society as outlined in the bylaws.
A nomination form can be submitted online by clicking here and logging in if necessary.
In the 2015 ballot, the following positions on the Board will be open:
• President-Elect (to become President in the following year)
• Treasurer-Elect (serves first year as Treasurer-elect followed by a full two-year term as Treasurer)
• five Vice Presidents (one each for Central Region USA/Canada, Central Region Europe, Southern Region Europe, Latin America, and International)
• three Governors.
The relevant descriptions of their responsibilities, as given in the Society’s bylaws are as follows:
The President-Elect shall assist the President in the normal governance of the Society. However, should the President become unable to fulfill the responsibilities of office due to absence or incapacitation, the Immediate Past President shall assume the duties of the presidency.
The President shall be the chief executive officer of the Society. The President shall have general and active management of the business of the Society subject to the supervision and direction of the Board of Governors, and shall see that all orders and resolutions of the Board are carried into effect. The President shall also preside at the regular meetings of the Society or the Board.
The Treasurer-elect serves as an understudy to the Treasurer for one year, following which the Treasurer-elect will automatically succeed to the office of Treasurer for a full two-year term.
The Treasurer, under direction of the Board of Governors, shall generally supervise the financial affairs of the Society, and shall cause all funds received by the Society to be deposited in an account or accounts designated by the Board of Governors, requiring the signature of at least two of the following for withdrawal: President, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer.
The Regional Vice Presidents shall each serve two years as the Society’s representatives within their geographical areas and assist in the proper functioning of the Sections.
The AES makes a contribution toward the travel costs incurred by Board members in the course of their duties. More information about this and about the duties and responsibilities of Board members may be obtained from the Nominations Chair.
It is important that your submission be complete in order to provide the Nominations Committee with adequate information to assess your proposed candidate. In no case does a submission to the Committee constitute any guarantee that the nominee will appear on the next Society election ballot.
Nominations, which must be received by February 16, 2015, should be submitted online by clicking here.