In This Section
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
AES Board of Governors
The overall function and direction of the AES is established by the Society’s Board of Governors, which is elected by voting members of the Society. Board meeting are held at each U.S. convention, and additional business may be conducted electronically throughout the year.
The Board of Governors consists of:
(1) the Society’s corporate officers (President; President-Elect; Immediate Past-President; Secretary; and Treasurer)
(2) the Treasurer-Elect
(3) the eight Regional Vice-Presidents (Eastern USA/Canada; Central USA/Canada; Western USA/Canada; Northern Europe; Central Europe; Southern Europe; Latin America; International)
(4) and eight Governors-at-Large
In between full meetings of the Board, the Society’s corporate officers (also known as the “Executive Committee”) are responsible for oversight of the AES. Daily administrative affairs at the Society’s headquarters are managed by a full-time Executive Director appointed by the corporate officers.