In This Section
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
AES Board of Governors
The overall function and direction of the AES is established by the Society’s Board of Governors, which is elected by voting members of the Society. Board meeting are held at each U.S. convention, and additional business may be conducted electronically throughout the year.
The Board of Governors consists of:
(1) the Society’s corporate officers (President; President-Elect; Immediate Past-President; Secretary; and Treasurer)
(2) the Treasurer-Elect
(3) the eight Regional Vice-Presidents (Eastern USA/Canada; Central USA/Canada; Western USA/Canada; Northern Europe; Central Europe; Southern Europe; Latin America; International)
(4) and eight Governors-at-Large
In between full meetings of the Board, the Society’s corporate officers (also known as the “Executive Committee”) are responsible for oversight of the AES. Daily administrative affairs at the Society’s headquarters are managed by a full-time Executive Director appointed by the corporate officers.