- February 5, 2014
- December 26, 2013
AES Job Board
DTS, Inc. - Principal Software Architect
Posted On: 2013-12-5
Location: Calabasas, CA, USA
The Principal Software Architect will join the Streaming Solutions team in Product Commercialization that is responsible for creating and supporting audio authoring tools. The candidate will take a leading role in architecting and implementing software tools allowing A/V content creation with an emphasis on audio, plugins for DAWs and production environments, and streaming delivery systems. We’re looking for someone to be responsible for designing flexible and robust software architectures on multiple platforms, including PCs, Mac and cloud based alternatives, as well as implement and deliver the solutions as part of a software development team. The position will report to the Senior Director, Streaming Solutions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Design robust and flexible architectures for content creation tools and streaming/internet delivery solutions across multiple platforms (Windows, MacOSX, Linux and cloud-based services)
• Implement architecture as part of a software development team
• Work with R&D and commercialisation teams to deliver code which is suitable for integration into multi-platform content creation tools
• Colloborate teams to deliver code in a way that ports easily to multiple OS platforms and which is architected for integration into multiple platforms including cloud
• Assist product managers to capture requirements
• Work with external tools and web services companies to help integrate DTS audio solutions
Required Education and Experience
• 10+ years of experience with a Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar is required or 7+ years with a Masters degree in Engineering
• Demonstrable experience in software architecture, designing extensible, portable systems
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills (Java is also desirable)
• Strong debugging skills
• Intimate familiarity with the software life cycle, including requirements capture, UML, planning, tracking, documentation, implementation, testing and maintenance
• Familiar with object oriented programming and rapid prototyping
• Experience of integrating audio codecs and audio processing functionality into A/V frameworks and content production tools
• Knowledge of container formats such as ISO BMF, MP4, MPEG-2 TS and others e.g. MKV, UV/CFF
• Experience with streaming formats such as MPEG-DASH, HLS and Microsoft Smooth Streaming and Agile/Scrum methodologies in several successful projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Other Skills & Abilities:
• Industry experience of developing software architectures for audio/visual content production tools such as Digital Rapids, Elemental and others
• Knowledge of standard content production workflows
• Experience of software architectures for cloud-based content production tools and industry standard web services such as AWS, Azure
• Preferably certified as a ScrumMaster
Please apply today http://www.dts.com!
Please mention AES00594 when applying for this position.
About DTS, Inc.
5220 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
Phone: +1 818 436 1000
Fax: +1 818 436 1999
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a digital technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. DTS decoders are in virtually every major brand of 5.1-channel surround processor, and there are hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products available worldwide. A pioneer in multichannel audio, DTS technology is in home theater, car audio, PC and game console products, as well as DVD-Video, Blu-ray Disc, and Surround Music software. Founded in 1993, DTS’ corporate headquarters are located in Agoura Hills, California, with its licensing operations headquartered in Limerick, Ireland. DTS also has offices in Northern California, Washington, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. For further information, please visit www.dts.com. DTS is a registered trademark of DTS, Inc.