- May 24, 2013
- April 16, 2013
AES Job Board
Cambridge Silicon Radio-CSR - DSP Software Engineer
Posted On: 2013-3-15
Location: Auburn Hills, MI, USA
CSR is a pioneering designer and developer of silicon and software for the consumer electronics market. We help to transform the lives of motorists, photographers, music lovers, mobile phone users and other gadget-loving consumers. CSR is dedicated to finding simple solutions to complex problems. Using our track record working with leading brands, our highly skilled engineers develop world-class technologies that realize the potential of a wide range of devices to make peoples' lives and experiences easier, richer and more varied.
CSR is at the forefront of developing semiconductors and software for a host of world-leading technology platforms and standards, including Bluetooth®, GPS and other location technologies, FM radio, Wi-Fi®, Near Field Communication and numerous others.
An employee in this position will be primarily involved with DSP software implementation of algorithmic solutions applied to audio.
The role of the DSP Software Engineer is the integration of existing audio algorithms and processing modules into an operational DSP application for CSR range of wireless chips. This engineer will primarily write in assembly language for CSR's proprietary fixed point digital signal processor which is used in a resource constrained multi-processor environment. Occasionally the position may also call for development in C, C++, or with scripting languages such as perl, python, and Matlab.
An engineer will take ownership of a major component of a project and will be responsible for delivering the software on a timescale agreed with the group leader/Program Manager. The successful candidate must be self-reliant and able to take ownership of projects with minimal supervision.
* Writing, debugging, optimizing and testing of Matlab, assembly and embedded C code with an emphasis on audio applications
* Maintenance, defect investigation and improvement of speech enhancement and music audio algorithms
* Develop and test software of major scale and complexity to agreed timescales
* Perform requirements capture including defining the scope, tasks, time estimation and reporting
* Delivery of high quality software in line with the department processes
* Provide international customer support, liaison, technical training and conference papers as dictated by the assigned projects. Some international travel is required.
* Contribute towards the continuous development of the department processes
* Conducts peer software reviews
* Bachelor of Engineering Degree (4 year) (or equivalent qualification/ experience) in math, science, software and/or electronics
* Proven proficiency of programming languages including fixed-point assembly, C, C++ as well as scripting using Perl and Python
* Experience in porting DSP code in MIPS and memory constrained processors
* Understanding of DSP processor architectures and peripherals
* Experience in audio algorithm implementation of speech enhancement and music based signal processing
* Experience using Matlab
* Exposure to various DSP platforms, with knowledge of hardware design principles, signal processing theory and techniques
* Enthusiasm for problem solving
* Effective team player with good communication skills
* Working knowledge of analogue and digital data structure, communication protocols and drivers.
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT https://careers.csr.com
Please mention AES00508 when applying for this position.
About Cambridge Silicon Radio-CSR
Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road
Founded in 1999, CSR is a leading provider of wireless connectivity and audio devices. Core to our business is improving the end-user experience with high-quality audio applications that include: mobile handsets, portable media players, portable navigation devices, gaming, hi-fi, loudspeakers, docking stations, TV, and mono or stereo headsets. To further heighten the end user experience for high quality audio, CSR provides the aptX codec for multiple applications and platforms. Our family of BlueCore devices integrate audio codecs and powerful DSP processors that provide a flexible platform for consumer audio applications. The aptX range of audio codec’s are synonymous with audio integrity and are used extensively within the professional audio and broadcast market. Our suite of audio processing algorithms can enable highly optimized speech and music enhancements without compromising battery life, cost, and form factor. Key to our speech processing capability is our Clear Voice Capture (CVC) suite of enhancement algorithms.