Posted On: 2019-2-18
Location: Steyning, West Sussex, UK
At Bowers & Wilkins we are looking to recruit a Senior Development Engineer focused on the development of in-house and brand partnership audio products with influence over all technical aspects.
This is an opportunity to become part of the highly dynamic and multicultural Bowers & Wilkins R&D team, based in Steyning, West Sussex. This team will shortly be relocating to a much larger facility in Southwater, Horsham. The relocation of our Steyning Research Establishment represents a significant investment to expand the team and accelerate the company’s ability to develop new capabilities that will drive innovation across its suite of luxury home speakers, headphones and performance car audio.
As Bowers and Wilkins increase portfolio and brand partnerships there is a need to grow the team to support the development of these products. The role’s scope is to oversee the development of speaker products with responsibility for delivering the product to the required cost and timescale whilst maintaining B&W’s unsurpassed reputation for audio performance.
- Lead development activities for allocated loudspeaker projects within B&W
- Responsible for the acoustics and tuning of product
- Deliver projects to the required performance level, cost and timescale
- Have oversight of the mechanical and acoustic design and electronics integration
- Work with the mechanical, transducer and electronics design teams to specify a product that meets or exceeds requirements
- Collaborate with the software team where necessary, to ensure audio quality is considered
- Work with the Quality team to ensure product is manufacturable and reliable
- Collaborate with the research team in introducing new technologies into new product development activities
- Travel to support development projects and audio tuning
- Track and organise workload
- Ability to benchmark audio standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (eg. Acoustics/Electronics)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Product Development environment
- Driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
At Bowers & Wilkins we offer competitive rates of pay, product discounts, 25 days holiday per year, group pension plan with 5% employer/employee contributions, life insurance and private healthcare.
How to Apply: please email a cv and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention AES001230 when applying for this position.
B&W Group Ltd. was founded in 1966 and is based in Worthing, UK. They conduct research into acoustics and design, manufacture, and distribute loudspeaker systems for the domestic and professional markets. B&W Group companies also distribute Rotel, Classé, and i-Command brand products throughout Europe, North America, and China.