Posted On: 2019-2-6
Location: Sunnyvale, San Francisco, CA
Are you excited to shape a new era for Dolby and be at the forefront of technology hitting customers’ hands? We're looking for people to help us forge a new direction for our products & technology.
For this position, we invite applications from outstanding candidates for the role of Senior Media Pipeline Engineer to work on a new, high-visibility program in the Office of the CTO, developing reliable, scalable and secure media processing for web-services & APIs using AWS and other cloud infrastructure.
This is a senior technical contributor and developer role which requires deep knowledge of media formats, codecs, subtitles and metadata, along with solid C++ and multi-threading programming skills. Further, node.js experience for controlling complex pipelines built on low level components is required.
The position demands a candidate capable of doing quality work against technical and schedule challenges in an agile environment, following strong software design and process principles. You will be working with talented engineers on cutting-edge technologies while continually growing your skills as an engineer.
If you are an expert at designing and developing high performance media processing pipelines, and like to be challenged, this is the perfect opportunity for you to help define this exciting new field for Dolby.
• B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable field.
• 4+ years’ professional experience designing and developing media processing C++ code.
• 2+ years’ professional experience with projects and frameworks such as DirectShow, ffmpeg and/or gstreamer.
• Professional experience with coding and debugging on Windows and Linux, using Microsoft Visual C++, gcc, gdb.
• 1+ years’ using node.js.
• Hands-on experience in multi-threaded application profiling and acceleration.
• Codec and media algorithm knowledge is desirable.
• Ability to understand and contribute to full-stack product needs and requirements.
• High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications.
Please mention AES001223 when applying for this position.
1275 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) creates audio, video, and voice technologies that transform entertainment and communications in mobile devices, at the cinema, at home, and at work. For more than 50 years, sight and sound experiences have become more vibrant, clear, and powerful in Dolby. For more information, please visit www.dolby.com.