Posted On: 2019-2-6
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent, people inspired by the rapidly expanding world of electronic media. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
We are seeking an experienced Acoustic System and Transducer Engineer to work in the design and development of audio loudspeakers and integrated systems in consumer products. The successful applicant will be working with product development, engineering teams, and manufacturing partners to bring world class audio products from concept to market.
The candidate hired for this position will be part of an engineering team based in San Francisco that works with cutting-edge technologies in a fast-paced and creative environment. This team is responsible for developing innovative Dolby-branded consumer electronics, including the recently announced Dolby Dimension headphones. This unique position presents the opportunity for the right candidate to work with some of Dolby’s most advanced technologies, by incorporating them into innovative products and enabling direct-to-consumer experiences.
• Be a technical leader who understands system architecture issues and contributes innovative ideas
• Simulate acoustic systems and generate appropriate architectures to support performance requirements
• Build, measure, and evaluate prototypes to demonstrate acoustic designs
• Research and develop new ideas in acoustic systems architecture, transducer design and technology
• Research, develop, and integrate best practices for acoustic measurements
• Perform competitive product analysis and benchmarking
• Generate and maintain technical specifications
• Evaluate supplier capabilities
• B.S. or higher in Acoustics, or Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in the design and development of loudspeaker systems in the consumer market
• Experience designing and modeling transducers and enclosures
• Proficiency using loudspeaker design tools such as LEAP, LspCAD, AkAbak, Micro-Cap
• Experience with loudspeaker test equipment such as Klippel, AP, Clio, SoundCheck
• Familiar with anechoic chamber and near field acoustic measurement environments
• Understands amplifier operation and designing integrated active speaker systems
• Experience performing acoustic analysis with FEA software such as COMSOL, ANSYS
• Understanding of transducer and speaker system manufacturing processes
• Solid written, verbal and technical language proficiency
• Self-motivated with the ability to perform design & development tasks with minimal oversight.
• Great team player with strong verbal and written communication skills, and technical language proficiency.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically.
• Proven ability of working hands-on and multitasking.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally, with one or more trips per year.
Please mention AES001222 when applying for this position.
1275 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) creates audio, video, and voice technologies that transform entertainment and communications in mobile devices, at the cinema, at home, and at work. For more than 50 years, sight and sound experiences have become more vibrant, clear, and powerful in Dolby. For more information, please visit www.dolby.com.