Posted On: 2018-11-19
Location: Niles, IL, USA
Want a great career?
Shure wants to hear from you!
Our coveted Acoustical Engineering group is growing!
Under direct supervision, the Acoustical Engineer I assists with the design and implementation of high quality and highly reliable transducers, microphones, and integrated electro-acoustical systems.
• Conduct and evaluate experiments for the development of new transducer designs and systems by implementing the standard Scientific Method.
• Fabricate and test working models from design concepts using appropriate tools.
• Develop and implement practical knowledge of frequency response, polar patterns, sensitivity, dynamic range, and distortion.
• Generate and analyze design concepts using appropriate computer models including the application of equivalent design theory to transform a mechanical model into an electrical or mathematical model.
• Develop an understanding, from a theoretical and practical view, of the typical materials used or suggested for use in the construction of various transducers.
• Provide multi-disciplinary support to manufacturing and production by resolving technical issues associated with components, parts, products or systems.
• A Bachelor of Science Degree in Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, or Acoustical Engineering
How to Apply: Go to http://www.shure.com/americas/about/careers
choose the link for Engineer I, Acoustical, Niles, IL
then click on the "Apply" button
Please mention AES001207 when applying for this position.
5800 West Touhy Ave.
Niles, IL 60714
Phone: +1 847 600 6417
Fax: +1 847 600 1212
Founded in 1925, Shure Incorporated (www.shure.com) is widely acknowledged as the world's leading manufacturer of microphones and audio electronics. Over the years, the Company has designed and produced many high-quality professional and consumer audio products that have become legendary for performance, reliability, and value. Shure’s diverse product line includes world-class wired microphones, wireless microphone systems, in-ear personal monitoring systems, conferencing and discussion systems, networked audio systems, award-winning earphones and headphones, and top-rated phonograph cartridges. Today, Shure products are the first choice whenever audio performance is a top priority.