Posted On: 2018-7-9
Location: Costa Mesa, CA, USA
QSC is looking for a Technical Product Manager, Cinema (Networked Systems) to drive product strategy and execution for the Q-SYS, Cinema Media Server, Control and ADA Product categories within the Cinema Business Unit of QSC. This role exists within the Cinema product management team, which is also responsible for Amplifiers, Loudspeakers & other related product categories. The Cinema product management team works collaboratively to develop concepts for new product development within the QSC Cinema Business Unit. The Technical Product Manager, Cinema (Networked Systems) will be a key part of the Cinema Core Team which includes Hardware/Software Development team leadership and will work in a highly collaborative way with other product managers and technical directors co-managing the Q-SYS Platform development.
The ideal candidate will be a Product Owner with both technical and business savvy, working internally and externally to identify market and product requirements, defining and communicating user needs and use cases to engineering and ultimately is responsible for delivery of the roadmap for the networked products category. In addition, the position is responsible for marketing content development, communicating the capabilities and advantages (the selling proposition) of our solutions to internal staff; Executives, Sales, Marketing, and Support, and external stakeholders; System Integrators (dealers), System Designers (consultants) and QSC Channel Partners and maintaining close collaboration between Cinema and Q-SYS development teams.
- Minimum B.S.E.E. or B.A. or 10 years of experience in technical marketing, advanced applications engineering, technical end user, sr. sales or technical product management – preferably within Cinema server or audio processor fields.
- Deep experience (minimum 10 years) in the professional cinema industry as a manufacturer, installer, consultant, end user or marketer of professional cinema products.
- A demonstrated history of successfully contributing to new product development and Product Management discipline
- Specialized integration knowledge of cinema media servers, audio processors, control networks (TMS and NOC) and Closed Captioning systems
- Specialized knowledge of the Global Cinema sales channel and understanding of customer relationships such as end users, dealers, and installers
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite very desirable.
- Leadership / Influencer: A demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others in a team environment.
- Vision and insight: Must have insight into market needs and be able to create and communicate product vision and roadmaps to meet these market needs.
- Communication: Must be able to communicate in an effective and compelling manner in real-time and in writing.
- Planning: Must be able to think ahead, develop comprehensive launch plans and set short and long-term goals.
- Management: Must have the ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple priorities. Must be comfortable working in a matrix management environment with multi-functional teams.
- Teamwork: Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work and collaborate with a core development team.
- Financial: Must be sufficiently proficient to create, maintain and understand the business case for assigned products.
- Technology: Must have a deep understanding of digital cinema, DSP, networking and control technologies/applications. This is Technical Product Manager position, and the successful individual will have the technical acumen and skills to translate business ideas into technical requirements.
- Conducts research and achieves insight into user requirements and applications. Frequent focused discussion and interaction with end users, installers, system designers and channel partners within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with the Q-SYS systems and Cinema core teams to conceive new product/feature/function ideas, and champions their development.
- Product Ownership; creates and maintains the market and technical product requirements and business case documents required for proposed and underway development programs.
- Owns business case creation and communication to the Cinema core team and stakeholders.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of competitive products’ functionality and is able to effectively articulate our value proposition over the competition.
- Attends trade shows, regional and global events, sales events and meetings, dealer events, and other related activities to demonstrate and communicate the Cinema product value propositions.
- Drives market communications and training material development with content and direction.
Willingness to travel. Approximately 25 - 30% travel required, including International travel.
How to Apply: Please apply to our careers site: https://www.qsc.com/careers/ or directly send us your resume to email@example.com
Please mention AES001163 when applying for this position.
1675 MacArthur Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
QSC, LLC, is a globally recognized leader in the design, engineering, and manufacture of award winning high performance audio products including power amplifiers, loudspeakers, digital mixers, digital signal processors (DSP), and the Q-SYS networked audio, video, and control platform. Uniquely leveraging a broad range of technologies located under one roof, QSC products outperform the sum of their parts by delivering reliable, scalable, and flexible solutions for professional installed, portable, production, corporate, and cinema customers worldwide.