Posted On: 2018-4-20
Location: Steying, West Sussex, UK
For 50 years we’ve been true to our vision of creating products that exemplify purity of sound. In May 2016, we ushered in a new era when Silicon Valley startup Eva Automation purchased Bowers & Wilkins. Today, we are a new kind of company, fusing our brand and audio expertise with the cutting-edge startup culture of Eva to create revolutionary yet simple home entertainment experiences.
At Bowers and Wilkins we are looking to recruit a Research Engineer based at our Steyning Research & Development site, the nature of this role may require occasional travel to other Bowers & Wilkins sites, including those overseas.
Under the supervision of the Head of Research and as part of the Simulation team, the Research Engineer will support the Research and Development activities by performing the following tasks:
• Conduct MATLAB (or equivalent) based simulation & physical measurement investigations, including coding, method validation and version control
• Creation of COMSOL simulation methods (when a proven method is not currently available at B&W) covering acoustic, mechanical and electromagnetic domains
• Support the development and exploration teams with room acoustic related COMSOL simulation work
• Perform physical measurements and evaluation of assemblies using appropriate test equipment (covering mechanical, acoustic and electrical) to validate the above simulation work
• Investigate any other matters related to physical simulation and experimental work as requested by the R&D team
• Document all above results, including the creation of working procedures and design guidelines
• Ensure effective knowledge transfer of all results to the rest of the R&D team through presentations
• Attend conferences and shows are seen appropriate
• Perform any other technical duties as assigned.
• M.Sc. or PhD. in Acoustics, Electroacoustics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or any similar subject
• Familiar with COMSOL finite element package (or equivalent)
• Good knowledge of MATLAB or an equivalent language (PYTHON)
• Working knowledge of lumped element parameter modelling software like LTspice, MicroCap, Akabak
How to Apply: If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter and c.v to:
You must be eligible to work and reside in the UK/EU.
Please mention AES001145 when applying for this position.
B&W Group Ltd. was founded in 1966 and is based in Worthing, UK. They conduct research into acoustics and design, manufacture, and distribute loudspeaker systems for the domestic and professional markets. B&W Group companies also distribute Rotel, Classé, and i-Command brand products throughout Europe, North America, and China.