Posted On: 2018-3-23
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Be part of a dynamic and innovative engineering team at Dolby within the Consumer Entertainment business group. In this very high profile role, your primary responsibility will be to spearhead the enablement of Dolby Audio/Video technologies on Apple products working closely with external and internal engineering, marketing, and sales teams and being the primary architect and technical interface to the customer.
· Architect A/V solutions and experiences for Apple’s software and hardware products through detailed design proposals, deep engagement with Dolby engineering teams across the globe, and coordination with external partners
· You will be the primary Dolby technical interface to the customer and act as a bridge between internal and external technical stakeholders
· You will be a technical engineering leader who understands system and ecosystem architectural issues for media playback
· You will monitor industry trends and be the technical “go-to” expert on all Apple-related work
· You will also work closely with the Dolby engineering teams building products for Microsoft, and others, ensuring alignment across Dolby’s product offerings
· A deep familiarity with the video or audio pipelines for the Apple OS family (macOS, tvOS, iOS, watchOS) is required
· A deep working knowledge of Apple development environments and tools (Xcode, Git) required
· Excellent software design and programming skills in C/C++, Objective-C, and Swift required
· Experience with development on at least one of the following Apple products – Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV required
· A proven track record of commercial software or hardware designs
· Audio or video experience with any part of the Apple platforms or ecosystem will be strongly preferred
· Knowledge of audio/video pipelines in other Operating Systems (including Windows and Android) is preferred
· Familiarity with common development and debugging techniques on embedded platforms is required
· Experience in API design and maintenance
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
How to Apply: If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Please apply using the following link, or email Victoria Hinks at Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention AES001130 when applying for this position.
1275 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) creates audio, video, and voice technologies that transform entertainment and communications in mobile devices, at the cinema, at home, and at work. For more than 50 years, sight and sound experiences have become more vibrant, clear, and powerful in Dolby. For more information, please visit www.dolby.com.