Posted On: 2018-3-19
Location: Costa Mesa, CA, USA
The "Cinema Applications Engineer" will provide systems application support to our channel partners, consultants and prospective users within the Cinema community. Primary duties are front-end customer phone support and software/hardware troubleshooting. This position will provide back-up support to Cinema Team for system design. This position requires broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of the organization's products, policies and practices. Occasional business travel is required.
The candidate must be able to work professionally with all levels of employees and interface well with external professionals, distributors, and dealers. The candidate for this position must possess exceptional communication, presentation and teamwork skills.
• Provide front line phone Application Support for Cinema dealers and end users
• Assist customers with troubleshooting designs remotely via screen sharing software
• Provide back-up support for system design support and review for Cinema dealers and end users.
• Provide back-up support for trade shows and company events
• Require to deliver Q-SYS 24/7 after-hour call support on a rotation basis
• Represent QSC on any technology forums or groups relating to Cinema
• Assist and influence Product Development by acquiring and reporting application, use-case and customer requirements information
• Keep Engineering, Marketing, Product Development, Technical Services and Quality Assurance divisions informed, in writing, of any product problems, opportunities, software bugs or emerging customer needs
• Reinforce QSC's credibility within the Cinema community
• Some travel required
• Bachelors of Science degree in a technical/engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5-year experience in the A/V Integration industry with emphasis in Cinema
• Must be fluent with Cinema Audio and Video technologies, audio over IP networking and DSP technology
• Experience with Cinema servers, processors, projectors, amplifiers and loudspeakers is required
• Experience as a Cinema installer is desirable
• IT industry networking certifications such as CCNA or CCDA are highly desirable
• Experience with AutoCAD is highly desirable
• Possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PPT)
• Strong collaboration skills with cross-functional teams, i.e. Product Managers, Customer Care, Technical Services and Quality Team.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting specific deadlines
• Good written, verbal & presentation skills
• Creative, motivated and quick learner
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
• Ability to make decisions within the designated area of responsibility
• Strong leadership abilities
The above is intended to describe the general content of and qualifications for the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the functions, duties, or qualifications.
How to Apply: Please apply on our Careers link below:
Please mention AES001121 when applying for this position.
1675 MacArthur Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
QSC, LLC, is a globally recognized leader in the design, engineering, and manufacture of award winning high performance audio products including power amplifiers, loudspeakers, digital mixers, digital signal processors (DSP), and the Q-SYS networked audio, video, and control platform. Uniquely leveraging a broad range of technologies located under one roof, QSC products outperform the sum of their parts by delivering reliable, scalable, and flexible solutions for professional installed, portable, production, corporate, and cinema customers worldwide.