Posted On: 2018-3-9
Location: Richardson, TX, USA
A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
A Senior Engineer provides a wider variety of technical support tasks using a combination of advanced engineering principles and techniques. They operate with little guidance/supervision as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in their defined area of specialization.
• Lead research on advanced technology projects, influencing future generations of products for automotive, consumer, and professional use
• Develop change plan for projects to ensure successful implementation
• Invent, develop, and document highest impact future use scenarios to identify and verify opportunities
• Extend on existing design research by creating systems rapidly with a series of working prototypes
• Drive breakthrough ideas and world-class research into product organizations
• Contribute to the organization’s strong drive to be on the cutting edge of technology through the generation of patentable ideas
• Conduct technology evaluation and assessment of software and hardware tools, component technologies, and systems
• Write and review invention disclosures at a high rate and with ease in order to protect intellectual property, both as main inventor and co-inventor
• Collaborate with a heterogeneous group of end-to-end prototyping and research engineers (hardware & software), interaction and visual designers, software and hardware developers
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering or related field and 5 years of experience; alternatively, Master’s Degree in above mentioned fields and at least 1 year experience in research and development
• In addition, having shown high involvement in research, technology development, and cutting edge innovation all throughout the academic curriculum via TAs, RAs, and internships
• Experience working in the Professional or Consumer Audio/Video industry, technology industry, or automotive industry
• Experience with the use of rapid prototyping tools for software and hardware, electronics, and mechanical design for consumer or professional electronics and future device platforms
• Ability to communicate advanced and complex concepts and ideas persuasively and concisely to all levels of the business
• BSEE or equivalent education, and 3+ years of experience in embedded software development.
• Strong C, C++ or C# programming and debugging skills.
• Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency with DSP principles and the ability to apply them. (FFT, Z-transform, bilinear transform, etc…)
• Experience in professional audio device industry in creating DSP software for various platforms and integrating with applications on Microsoft, Apple and Android products.
• Real-time embedded systems experience.
• Experience with communications protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, etc.
• Good understanding of the purpose and use of version control systems (i.e., Perforce, Atlassian).
• Basic understanding of audio and professional audio systems.
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally 5-10% of the time.
• Willingness to work in an office.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
How to Apply: Please apply using the link below:
Please mention AES001118 when applying for this position.
400 Atlantic St.
Stamford, CT 06901
Phone: +1 203 328 3500
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Harman (NYSE: HAR) designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, and professional markets— supported by 15 leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon and Mark Levinson. The company is admired by audiophiles across multiple generations and supports leading professional entertainers and the venues where they perform. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with Harman audio and infotainment systems. Harman has a workforce of about 13,400 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and reported sales of $4.4 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012. Harman is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training, and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with Harman!