Posted On: 2017-8-23
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
The Audio Test Engineer will provide engineering support to evaluate a variety of audio products. As part of the certification team, this highly technical role requires someone with the ability to analyze experimental results and draw engineering conclusions. The ideal candidate will have proven senior-level experience of audio technology in a consumer electronics company.
• Test all aspects of performance on loudspeaker, headphone and microphone products
• Perform and document acoustical, mechanical and electrical tests as needed
• Participate and work effectively in cross-functional teams
• Analyze data and disseminate results to internal and external parties
• Create reports and analysis for internal and external audiences
• Provide pre-sales support to answer detailed technical questions regarding THX products, technologies, etc.
• Provide technical support in implementing THX technologies and standards to partners
• Conduct thorough listening evaluations with trained and untrained listeners
• Review and edit technical specifications
• Respond to technical consumer inquiries
• Stay knowledgeable of current and emerging audio and video technologies
• Perform special projects as necessary
• Strong experience in using test measurement systems including Audio Precision, MLSSA, SoundCheck, CLIO, LMS, and/or Klippel required
• Minimum four (4) years’ experience as a loudspeaker or headphone designer
• Expert knowledge of acoustics and audio technologies
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with MS Excel, MS Word, and database software
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written exchanges among domestic and international clients and colleagues
• Rigorous attention to detail and superior organizational skills
• Believer in collaboration in a multi-disciplinary design environment
• The performance of this position may occasionally require nominal travel within the THX organization or to other organizations, approximately 15%.
• Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Unimpaired hearing from 20 Hz to 16 kHz is preferred. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. Includes lifting up to 50+ pounds on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.
To apply please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention AES001062 when applying for this position.
1255 Battery St.
San Francisco, CA 94111
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX Ltd. and its partners provide premium entertainment experiences in the cinema, in the home and on the go. Over the past thirty years, THX has expanded its certification categories past studios and cinemas to consumer electronics, content, and automotive systems. Today, THX continues to redefine entertainment, providing assurance of superior quality and high performance experiences that guarantee an artist’s vision is truthfully delivered to audiences worldwide. For more information on THX please visit www.thx.com.