- May 24, 2013
- April 16, 2013
AES Job Board: AVID Technology - Multiple Job Listings
Sr. Product Manager - ProTools
Posted On: 2013-5-5
Location: Daly City, CA, USA
Working cross-functionally to bring to market Avid products, services and workflows that are innovative, reliable, integrated, and best of breed Product managers also work with the 3rd party community resulting in superior Avid-optimized interoperability. Work closely with a variety of functions to maximize revenue results and margin targets for area of responsibility.
Summary of essential job responsibilities:
• Conduct regular customer visits and focus groups, participate in company and end-user blogs, communities and training to foster customer relationships and evangelize products
• Analyze and prioritize customer needs, establish customer acceptance criteria
• Conduct competitive analysis
• Analyze potential partner relationships for the products
• Participate in cross-functional product development teams to ensure that proposed solutions meet business objectives and are aligned with the company strategy
• Obtain input from Marketing, Sales, Sr. Management, Development and Designers related to market/customer revenue opportunities, rationalize input around viability and profitability and create deliverable business plans
• Drive the PLCM (Product Life Cycle Management) process through: Concept, definition, implementation, validation, production and end of life (EOL)
• Develop product business justification and plans, including pricing strategy and ROI
• Analyze and understand the portfolio impact
• Provide an annual product revenue budget and quarterly reviews
• Accountable for product line gross margin and deliverables against plan
• Apply Agile methodology to work
Measures of Success:
Product Managers are responsible for the success of their product line. The following measurable metrics apply:
(1) Driving revenue through pricing, reaching unit forecast, reaching material margin and dollars budgeted through sales promotions or discounting, and product bundles.
(2) Delivery of programs per set milestones with consistent quality metrics.
(3) Manage Products, which improve people’s lives
Within the Audio Group and reporting to the Director of Pro Tools, the Product Manager - Pro Tools (Pro) - will focus on products and solutions for TV, Film and Music Community and bring professional innovative products to markets, which are catered for the needs of the user. Manage existing products:- Pro Tools HDX Hardware, Pro Tools HD|Native Hardware and Pro Tools HD Software.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent – Degree in computer science or engineering is a plus
• Four (4+) years of product management experience
• Knowledge of Audio Technology and Pro Audio Industry
• Solid understanding of TV, Film and Pro Music Workflows and Customers
• Strong business acumen associated with P&L responsibilities
• Demonstrated success with PLCM process
• Requires travel to customer and non-customer sites world wide (10%)
• Quantitative abilities to analyze opportunities; optimize feature design and monitor and analyze business results
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills
• Excellent spoken and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams.
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks
• Ability to work with deadlines and in a fast paced environment
• Excellent, creative problem-solving skills
• Experience taking a consultative approach with external and internal customers
To apply contact Brian.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention AES00521 when applying for this position.
Sr. Console Software Engineer
Posted On: 2013-5-20
Location: Mount View, CA, USA
We are looking for a talented software engineer to join Avid’s Consoles Team. You will be creating software for exciting new control surfaces and mixing consoles that will be used by major film studios, television broadcasters, and music clients.
You will be part of a team of motivated engineers, software testers, and product managers in a supportive and highly collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will have experience with C++, multi-threaded programming, design patterns, and object-oriented design.
• 5 or more years experience with C++
• Excellent debugging abilities
• Good communication skills
• BSCS degree or equivalent experience
• Experience developing audio or video applications
• Experience writing software that controls hardware devices
• Networking and distributed object systems.
• Interest in or experience with music and audio production
Interested and Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply at http://www.avid.com/careers and search for role #7084BR.
Applicants can also directly email Brian Davis, Sr. Recruiter - email@example.com
Please mention AES00526 when applying for this position.
About AVID Technology
75 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803-2756
Phone: +1 978 640 6789
From the most prestigious, award-winning productions, to music and movies made at home, Avid creates the technology that people use to make the most listened to, most watched, and most loved media in the world. The shows, commercials, and news programs you watch on TV. The entertaining video and film stories you see on the web and on the big screen. The personal audio and video treasures that people make at home to preserve their favorite moments in life. Our innovative digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling and have earned us hundreds of awards, including 2 Oscar® statuettes, a Grammy®, and 12 Emmys®.