In This Section
- New "AES Portal" in Process of Being Rolled Out
- Take a moment to create your new Login today!
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Oral History DVD: Phil Ramone (101)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
Oral History DVD: Phil Ramone
AES Oral History 101: Phil Ramone. As one of the most successful producers and recording engineers in the industry, Phil Ramone has been awarded numerous Grammy awards, an Emmy, and honorary degrees. He established A&R Recording (1959-1989) where he pioneered the use of a large array of innovative audio technology. As a top creative producer, he has worked with a huge and diverse group of recording artists through the years. His talents extend to music production for motion pictures, Broadway shows, concert events, and television productions. He is an inspiration to many producers and recording engineers. Ramone was awarded a Fellowship by the Audio Engineering Society in 2007. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:04:49) Interview Date: 2009-10-11
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!