In This Section
- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Oral History DVD: Peter Tappan (079)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
Oral History DVD: Peter Tappan
AES Oral History 079: Peter Tappan. Peter Tappan enjoyed a long career as an acoustical consultant whose countless electronic sound reinforcement and playback systems are enjoyed around the world. They are used in venues as varied as O’Hare’s Terminal 1 to Tanglewood, the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. Prior to his distinguished service at Kirkegaard & Associates as a Principal Consultant and Vice President, he was an acoustical consultant with Bolt, Beranek and Newman. While there he consulted to Memorex for the "Is it Live or is it Memorex" commercial. Tappan was vice president of the AES’s Central Region in 1970-71 and admissions chair of the AES. He was also past editor of the IEEE Transactions on Audio. He was also well-known as an accomplished magician. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (21:11) Interview Date: 1999-09-26
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!