In This Section
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Peter Tappan (079)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
AES Oral History 079: Peter Tappan. Peter Tappan enjoyed a long career as an acoustical consultant whose countless electronic sound reinforcement and playback systems are enjoyed around the world. They are used in venues as varied as O’Hare’s Terminal 1 to Tanglewood, the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra. Prior to his distinguished service at Kirkegaard & Associates as a Principal Consultant and Vice President, he was an acoustical consultant with Bolt, Beranek and Newman. While there he consulted to Memorex for the "Is it Live or is it Memorex" commercial. Tappan was vice president of the AES’s Central Region in 1970-71 and admissions chair of the AES. He was also past editor of the IEEE Transactions on Audio. He was also well-known as an accomplished magician. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (21:11) Interview Date: 1999-09-26
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!