In This Section
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Stanley P. Lipshitz (053)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
Stanley P. Lipshitz
AES Oral History 053: Stanley P. Lipshitz. Professor Lipshitz's research interests are multidisciplinary, drawing on areas of applied mathematics, physics, and electrical and mechanical engineering. They include the mathematical theory of dithered quantizers, noise shapers, and sigma-delta modulators, and the physical acoustics of nonlinear sound radiation and active noise control problems. Professor Lipshitz has consulted and collaborated extensively on dithered quantizers and noise shapers for the digital audio and music industries with companies such as Philips Classics, Decca Records, Deutsche Grammophon, CBS, Sonic Solutions, Meridian Audio, and Weiss Engineering. These techniques are now standard practice in digital audio mastering and signal processing. He is a past President of the AES. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (47:48) Interview Date: 2002-10-07
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!