In This Section
- Graham Blyth Celebrates 20 years of Organ Concerts at AES 135
- Audio and Video Downloads Now Available
- Berlin Convention Registration Now Open!
- Mobile App is Also Ready to Download
- Call for Nominations Deadline Approaching
- Deadline is February 17th
- 135th AES Convention Hits A Five-Year High
- Convention takes a bite out of the Big Apple and reminds the industry that “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES”
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Jerry B. Minter (045)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount. Certain titles are also available as downloadable MPEG-4 video files.
Jerry B. Minter
AES Oral History 045: Jerry B. Minter. (1913-2009) This is a fascinating look into the life of an extraordinary inventor who developed relationships with many leaders in the audio and electronics industries. Mr. Minter had a wide interest in audio and radio since early childhood in Texas, where he built PA systems and ham radio gear. A 1934 Engineering graduate from MIT, he helped found Measurements Corporation, Parsippany, NJ. Later, he was the president of Components Corporation in Denville, NJ. (1954). He ran a special-purpose record pressing business and developed a series of special audio test records, among many other fascinating projects. The Popular Science Hi-Fi Test Record of 1957 was extremely popular. Mr. Minter was a longtime member and past President of the AES, and in the early '60s recorded hundreds of multi-track musical performances. Mr. Minter holds 26 patents covering a wide range of technologies. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (60:25) Interview Date: 1999-11-16
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!