In This Section
- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Karlheinz Brandenburg (021)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount.
AES Oral History 021: Karlheinz Brandenburg. Karlheinz Brandenburg has been a driving force behind some of today’s most innovative digital audio technologies, notably the MP3 and MPEG audio standards. The research results of his dissertation are the basis of MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3), MPEG-2 Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), and most other modern audio compression schemes. He is acclaimed for pioneering work in digital audio coding, perceptual measurement techniques, wave field synthesis, and psychoacoustics. His honors include the AES Silver Medal, plus other international awards. Furthermore he is member in the "Hall of Fame" of the Consumer Electronics Association and of the International Electrotechnical Commission. In 2009 he was appointed as Ambassador of the European Year of Creativity and Innovation. Dr. Brandenburg is professor at the Institute for Media Technology at Ilmenau University of Technology and director of the Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology in Ilmenau. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:14:04) Interview Date: 2002-05-13
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!