In This Section
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
AES Historical Web Store: Oral History Project: Karlheinz Brandenburg (021)
Please note that the DVD versions are region-free NTSC DVD-R discs but these should play on most DVD players worldwide. You can mix and match videos (in a single order) to receive the bulk pricing discount. Certain titles are also available as downloadable MPEG-4 video files.
AES Oral History 021: Karlheinz Brandenburg. Karlheinz Brandenburg has been a driving force behind some of today’s most innovative digital audio technologies, notably the MP3 and MPEG audio standards. The research results of his dissertation are the basis of MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3), MPEG-2 Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), and most other modern audio compression schemes. He is acclaimed for pioneering work in digital audio coding, perceptual measurement techniques, wave field synthesis, and psychoacoustics. His honors include the AES Silver Medal, plus other international awards. Furthermore he is member in the "Hall of Fame" of the Consumer Electronics Association and of the International Electrotechnical Commission. In 2009 he was appointed as Ambassador of the European Year of Creativity and Innovation. Dr. Brandenburg is professor at the Institute for Media Technology at Ilmenau University of Technology and director of the Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology in Ilmenau. Interviewed by Irv Joel. Edited by Harry Hirsch.
NTSC DVD-R (1:14:04) Interview Date: 2002-05-13
Also available as a downloadable MPEG-4 video file! (657.0 MB)
View Video Trailer:
Buy This Video
Members: $15 / Non-members: $20 / Save $1 each for 10-19 videos or $2 each for 20+ videos!